Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
I always wondered, how many escape CUV are sold as fleet/commercial vehicles? Everytime I go to the mall or visit a government building heck even a local college I see the Escapes everywhere.

As for Honda CRV, they are everywhere on my road, it was nice back in 2012 to be one of the few in the area with the new CRV design.. Now every parking lot I see at least 3 or 4 and on the main highways or roads I see 5 or 6 of them...

Looks like the Ford escape was outselling the CRV in January and February... In March it was lagging a little behind and surpassed in April. I wonder what is causing this trend? Last year the Escape did the same thing, Jan, Feb, March it was outselling the CRV by quite a bit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I always wondered, how many escape CUV are sold as fleet/commercial vehicles? Everytime I go to the mall or visit a government building heck even a local college I see the Escapes everywhere.

As for Honda CRV, they are everywhere on my road, it was nice back in 2012 to be one of the few in the area with the new CRV design.. Now every parking lot I see at least 3 or 4 and on the main highways or roads I see 5 or 6 of them...

Looks like the Ford escape was outselling the CRV in January and February... In March it was lagging a little behind and surpassed in April. I wonder what is causing this trend? Last year the Escape did the same thing, Jan, Feb, March it was outselling the CRV by quite a bit.
It wouldn't surprise me if the difference is fleet sales. When I was car shopping I heard from someone who works in a large company that has a fleet of Escapes. He suggested I buy the CRV because the Escapes they had were always breaking down.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Same here. At first, didn't see too many new gen V's but now I can't go a few blocks without seeing one. I always look forward to the next redesign in this segment. Will be interesting to see how the V, Escape, Mazda, etc. change. Love the small crossover wars.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would really like to see a geographic breakdown of sales. For example, when you look at the number of Hyundai Tucsons sold you wouldn't expect to see all that many on the road, yet here in Miami / Fort Lauderdale area I see a good number of them. Of course there are lots of CR-V's too, but that means more of a chance to see someone else's exterior accessories and if I like them. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
506 Posts
Lots of CRVs on the east coast of Florida. I bought mine because I needed a vehicle that got decent mileage and would blend in easily for undercover work. It drives my wife crazy, but every time we ride together I point out how many CRVs are on the road and get bonus points when I see the exact same year and color.
Could not have made a better choice.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would really like to see a geographic breakdown of sales. For example, when you look at the number of Hyundai Tucsons sold you wouldn't expect to see all that many on the road, yet here in Miami / Fort Lauderdale area I see a good number of them. Of course there are lots of CR-V's too, but that means more of a chance to see someone else's exterior accessories and if I like them. :)

I'm in Miami and I see a ton of CRVs everywhere. All generations. Where I work there are usually three or four in our very small parking lot.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
This is why I also like to accessorize it as much as I can so it will be a bit different from all those others on the road. Pretty much all the ones I see in my area are like they were off the lot without any personalization.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm in Miami and I see a ton of CRVs everywhere. All generations. Where I work there are usually three or four in our very small parking lot.
I live in Broward and work in Doral. I have only seen one other CR-V at work and not consistently and it's a good size office building. Kind of strange I guess. I tend to see many more around where I live.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Fleet sales is a negative? Just the opposite. I used to be a fleet manager. Always got the best for the best price.

Escapes have a lot to offer. LEDs on mirrors. Power tailgate. Panoramic moon roof. Neat feature to open hatch. Cant's get any of those on CRVs. (As far as North American models go. Rest of the world may be different) And how about the 2.0L turbo. Amazing performance. And this is a big one: It is quiet inside. None of that CRV road noise.

I can see where small SUV buyers, unless they're hooked on Honda, me included, buy Escapes.

One of my friends has a 2013. We compare ours all the time. Nothing really that stands out on CRV. Time for Honda to catch up.

My daughter had a 2003 V6 Escape since new. Never a problem. Traded it on a Tucson recently. Sorry, she does not like the looks of CRVs. :eek:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Fleet sales is a negative? Just the opposite. I used to be a fleet manager. Always got the best for the best price.

Escapes have a lot to offer. LEDs on mirrors. Power tailgate. Panoramic moon roof. Neat feature to open hatch. Cant's get any of those on CRVs. (As far as North American models go. Rest of the world may be different) And how about the 2.0L turbo. Amazing performance. And this is a big one: It is quiet inside. None of that CRV road noise.

I can see where small SUV buyers, unless they're hooked on Honda, me included, buy Escapes.

One of my friends has a 2013. We compare ours all the time. Nothing really that stands out on CRV. Time for Honda to catch up.

My daughter had a 2003 V6 Escape since new. Never a problem. Traded it on a Tucson recently. Sorry, she does not like the looks of CRVs. :eek:

I don't think fleet sales are negative, the problem with fleet sales is they tend to inflate numbers, if we find out that the Escapes sales are close to the CRV without the fleet sales then that would be interesting, but we don't know for sure what the % of the vehicles are sold every month are for commercial/fleet use. The sales numbers are at least showing consumers are buying the Escape at a better rate than last generation.

As for the ford escape ecoboost engines, don't know how I feel about small engines and turbos, I guess they work so I can't say for sure if I like it or hate it without actually owning one.
The reason I brought the CRV (first Honda btw) was mainly due to passenger room and cargo space and something with AWD for those unplowed or snow covered roads. This winter storm it was nice to see what AWD can do, accelerating without front wheels spinning and cornering without having to worry about the rear end kick out. Mainly I am the chauffeur and passenger space and comfort is an important factor for me. So far no complaints other than every passenger seems to sleep when I am driving.. I prefer a conventional transmission over a CVT, and as for Turbo's.. no opinion since I haven't tested one.

The Escape is something we will look at this year as well as a few others, (not another CRV, and maybe not a RAV4) since we need a third vehicle ourselves, again the factor for us is it needs to be AWD and have plenty of rear passenger room. My mother loved the Jeep compass last year at the autoshow because of the rear passenger interior space. :confused: I thought it was a somewhat bland car, the CVT made me skeptical and the interior of the driver area reminded me of something from the late 90's. I thought the trunk pop up speaker was a gimmick and wonder about the durability of stuff crashing onto it(the trunk speakers).

She didn't care about the interior or details, all I know is the next vehicle will be her car to use, and the RAV4 will go to a relative that I am driving to work currently and she will use the new car to get to and from work and when we travel she will be in the back seat sleeping and I would be the one driving, I am hoping to convince her that the newer models are at least just as roomy and comfortable.

By the way, the friend who owns the Escape, what engine and what MPG is he/she getting? How is the rear passenger space for adults, and cargo space? The largest items we put in our CRV is 6 cases of 40 x 16.9fl oz water bottles on our CRV every other week. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/mm-purified-water-40-16-9oz/prod8480218.ip?navAction=push and maybe 2 toliet paper. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/mm-bat...paign=rr&sn=ClickCP&campaign_data=prod8480218 it all fits in the CRV trunk, so I am curious of what the Escape cargo can hold all of it.

I met someone at the parking lot when we're putting our stuff in the trunk and talking, he brought a Suburban because he needed cargo room, he liked everything but the fuel economy.. I thought it was an overkill for stuff but, if thats what he wants I guess thats ok. ( I guess he didn't want to be seen driving a minivan and got a huge SUV instead. it was a 4x4 suburban) / End of off topic.

·
Registered
867 Posts
By the way, the friend who owns the Escape, what engine and what MPG is he/she getting? How is the rear passenger space for adults, and cargo space? The largest items we put in our CRV is 6 cases of 40 x 16.9fl oz water bottles on our CRV every other week. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/mm-purified-water-40-16-9oz/prod8480218.ip?navAction=push and maybe 2 toliet paper. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/mm-bat...paign=rr&sn=ClickCP&campaign_data=prod8480218 it all fits in the CRV trunk, so I am curious of what the Escape cargo can hold all of it.
He has 2013. 2.0L Ecoboost. Mileage is very close to my CRV. Actually during winter he beat me by quite a bit. I'm not sure of the actual trunk space. Looks very similar to mine. His model is not the top with navigation. It may be a SEL. Leather. Heated front seats. It's a 6 speed, select shift AT. AWD.
Push button start/stop. All kinds of modern electronic stuff. I think Ford call it Sync. All kinds of voice activated functions. Also power drivers seat with memory. Three 12 volt outlets and one 115 v AC. Many features you can't get in a CRV. Remote start, which I hate, is standard right from the factory

I really like the looks of the Escape. Personally, I'm not crazy about the dash. But to be fair, I didn't like the CRV dash until I got used to it. The engine is wonderful. Beats ours by miles. He's had it since fall 2012. Zero problems or concerns so far. I love the panoramic roof. And the power hatch. And the ease to open it without your hands.

It is a damn nice vehicle. List price was slightly less than an of EX-L's. Not sure what kind of a deal he got. He checked out CRVs, RAV4s and Santa Fe,s.

·
Super Moderator
2022 CRV EX FWD 2013 CRV EX FWD
3,313 Posts
This is why I also like to accessorize it as much as I can so it will be a bit different from all those others on the road. Pretty much all the ones I see in my area are like they were off the lot without any personalization.
Hey wolf, what kind of accessories do you have? Any pics?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Hey wolf, what kind of accessories do you have? Any pics?
Accessory list is in my signature below and if you click my garage under my user name you can see some of them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.