Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I received the notice last week, but my '07 has never had any problem with this. I am debating whether or not I want to let them tinker with it ("don't fix something that's not broken").

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think Honda could or would have done something. But; Honda certainly couldn't do anything until the class action was over. Looks like, as always, the lawyers made out the best. The "Justice" they got the people was you got a free drivers side replaced - What if that's not one that's broken ? Or; The warranty extended to 6 years - How does that help 2007->2009 CRVs ? ? ? There is a claim form to fill out for repairs. But no mention that you'll get all the money back.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Took the wife's 2008 in yesterday. The driver's side rear door buzzes when locking so I was suspect of it being bad. The dealer replaced two others that were also deemed bad and ordered the actuator for the 3rd door. No charge and no claim form to fill out. I believe the claim form is only if you paid to have it done prior to the recall. We're well outside warranty at 7+yrs and 130+K.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Take advantage of this while you can!!! I believe they will end this in June of 2015. They are willing to replace the "FRONTS" only!!! The rears will be reimbursed if a receipt is presented.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I paid for 3 of 4 doors and the 4th just went out (drivers). I called the Honda parts department to get a replacement to fix myself and the parts guys was nice enough to tell me about the recall. Honda has not contacted me even though I have two Hondas and they are both registered on their Honda owners web site. They suck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
omg. I love this site already, . My rear door lock has been acting up!!!. And I am having the A/C issue but I think I am to late for the A/C.

·
Registered
427 Posts
No problems with my 2007 but on my last visit to the dealer, they checked the VIN and replaced the driver's door actuator.

·
Registered
55 Posts
2010 V with 65K miles delivered on 2/2010. The front driver door actuator failed on 11/2/15 and won't lock unless using the key outside. I went to the dealer and they fixed it for free because I have Honda Care. I am not sure if they will do the same if I don't have it. a/c is still running, knock on wood!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Darn it, I just saw this now and obviously it's too late! Maybe I'll give them a call and try my luck. I just noticed my driver side front door lock start to have a squeaky noise when it auto lock after the car starts moving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I called my local dealership on 3/14/16 because my driver side door actuator is starting to act up. I was going to replace it myself, but wanted to check if the recall was still available to me. They looked up my vehicle information and said I did still have the recall available. So my car is being worked on today to get it fixed. When I checked in, they informed me about the air bag recall that will be fixed at a later date when they get the parts in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife's 2010 CRV has actuators that squeal when we unlock the doors. We have had actuators replaced by the dealership but, they still squeal; I guess we'd better get them looked at again before the recall expires.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Took my 2008 in for the air bag recall and told me the driver door actuator also had a recall. I replaced mine last summer, but it was still a 2008 part, so they replaced it with a newer version.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
No luck here--ran the VIN on one of our 09s and the TSB is not showing for it. I have both front actuators coming my way now from Rock Auto since the driver's side is making quite a noise and the passenger's side has a metallic "clank" to it. The other 09 is fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Apologies for reviving an old thread...

2010 CR-V EX. Tonight, our driver door lock started acting up. Using the key fob, you can unlock the doors. When you try to lock the doors, all doors except the driver door will lock. You can manually lock the driver door either by flipping the lock switch on the inside of the driver door or by using the key to lock the car from the outside of the car.

I called a dealership and they ran my VIN - our car was not part of this lock actuator recall. I'm going to call American Honda's recall center tomorrow.

Does anyone know if this recall/Service Bulletin is still valid? Guessing it's expired but thought I'd ask the forum. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
174 Posts
You may have just reached end of life for the actuator, the drivers door gets used most often. My drivers door actuator on the 2004 TSX went after 12 years, had it replaced as the car was running so well ( and still is)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Apologies for reviving an old thread...

2010 CR-V EX. Tonight, our driver door lock started acting up. Using the key fob, you can unlock the doors. When you try to lock the doors, all doors except the driver door will lock. You can manually lock the driver door either by flipping the lock switch on the inside of the driver door or by using the key to lock the car from the outside of the car.

I called a dealership and they ran my VIN - our car was not part of this lock actuator recall. I'm going to call American Honda's recall center tomorrow.

Does anyone know if this recall/Service Bulletin is still valid? Guessing it's expired but thought I'd ask the forum. Thanks in advance!
I just got off the phone with Honda and basically told me too bad about my door lock. I told them I never got a recall notice. I have a 2009 CRV with 53k miles. They said there was never a recall but an extended warranty. Guess I’ll just have to pay. Kinda pissed. Been driving Honda vehicles since 1980. Guess I’m done?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I paid for 3 of 4 doors and the 4th just went out (drivers). I called the Honda parts department to get a replacement to fix myself and the parts guys was nice enough to tell me about the recall. Honda has not contacted me even though I have two Hondas and they are both registered on their Honda owners web site. They suck!
Can you tell me how much it cost to replace the actuator? I have a 2015 CR-V that had the driver's door actuator go bad. Took the dealer several hours to diagnose and it is going to cost me $810 to replace which seems awfully high but i have no choice, either that or don't fix and pay the $220 they will charge me to diagnose. Being this was a previous problem with the doors you'd think it wouldn't have been such a stretch to figure out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts