Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have Leased 2017 CRV and have an interest in a 2018 CR-V. The 2017 has Navigation but the 2018, which I wanted to be the same (EX L Navi) does not have the Navigation. It was bought at night and rushed through by the salesman, I had only expected to discuss buying it for a friend. By the time we drove a way and discovered it did not have the navigation I was told it was too late to change as the paperwork had been sent to the DMV.
My multiple inquiries with several service departments are always answered with that the Model without Navigation can not be upgraded to one with Navigation.
I would think that the wiring harness on both Models would be the same and an upgrade could be accomplished. Any enlightenment is welcome.!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
The bad news is that the conversion is not practical. The good news is that the dealer is lying. What they did to you is called a bait and switch, and there are laws against it. You can return the car and change out for the one you want, no matter the reason. You have the legal right to do this, so just go back and make them do it. Any time limit is based on the state you live in, so Google that first, but any change is best done within a few days. If the dealer still declines, call American Honda (or the leasing company, whichever applies) right there on the spot and demand assistance, at no extra charge, or you will simply cancel the transaction and leave the car. They will not want to lose the business.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,944 Posts
The dealer would be more willing to 'exchange' the V to one that has Navigation. You still want to buy but you made a mistake.

HOWEVER

Doesn't the '18 have Carplay and Android Auto? You would just as well off using phone apps such as WAZE or Google Maps, displayed on the car's screen, IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.