Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just searching for the heck of it and seems 2017 CRV share same engine specs (except boost) as 2017 Civic SI, not the normal civic's.

So CRV on a Civic chassis and engine is from the SI's minus 3.8 lbs of boost. Doesnt sound bad at all.

We're all driving Civic SUV's in a sense, haha

crv.jpg si.jpg

·
Registered
679 Posts
Meh, not really. The Si actually received the CR-V's engine, not the other way around. The Si's character is totally lacking with that motor - I drove it fairly extensively and that engine does the Si no justice.

The 1.5 works beautifully in the CR-V but it is not a high performance engine and the Si is sorely missing a 2.0T.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Meh, not really. The Si actually received the CR-V's engine, not the other way around. The Si's character is totally lacking with that motor - I drove it fairly extensively and that engine does the Si no justice.

The 1.5 works beautifully in the CR-V but it is not a high performance engine and the Si is sorely missing a 2.0T.
Compared to the competition, 205 HP is a bit disappointing. 225-250 HP would've been ideal, and sit nicely between the Type R and the Civic sport.

Si with a detuned 2.0t and dialed back styling from the Type R, I would have gladly traded in my GTI. Still, keeping my hopes alive for the next gen s2000.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Well ya get the gist of it. haha.

IMO, i think they should have put the 2.0T in the CRV. CRV being bigger and heavier car compared to the 2018 accord.

Compared to the competition, 205 HP is a bit disappointing. 225-250 HP would've been ideal, and sit nicely between the Type R and the Civic sport.

Si with a detuned 2.0t and dialed back styling from the Type R, I would have gladly traded in my GTI. Still, keeping my hopes alive for the next gen s2000.
It'd be too easy of a upgrade for people with SI's to swap things to Type R if it was 2.0T. Maybe was a smart move for Honda for sticking the 1.5T for SI or make people go straight for cream of the crop, CTR.

For some to stay stock, the CRV/SI turbo has a very slight upgrade to the other 1.5T's

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
In the Accord, the 2.0T is the replacement for the V6. In the CR-V, there was no upgrade to replace. And the engine we do have is comparable with the competition.

In addition, the more powerful engine would have encroached on Acura territory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts