Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

· Registered
2020 CR-V EX-L Hybrid
95 Posts
Avas help I am starting to hate this noise please somebody help. Is there way to disabled it? Anything Idea help thank in advance.
Like the thread posted by JB if you discuss illegal modifications to a safety feature in this forum the thread will be locked. I would just relax and get used to the sound. I personally think its funny and everyone who has heard it thinks it's pretty funny too and is a neat talking point about the car. I don't mind it one bit. Just know:
1. If you ever hit anyone and it is discovered you disconnected this system then you will be sued for all the money you have got.
2. There is a possibility that they will check this during annual vehicle inspections, in which case you might not pass and they will force you to reconnect the system anyway. Being a safety system they might be looking at this.

· Registered
2020 CRV Hybrid Touring - Sonic Grey Pearl
54 Posts
Is the gas engine sound fake in this car? I'm talking about when you press down hard on the accelerator; it sounds like a synthesizer. I can't find anything in the manual.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

· Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid Touring
7 Posts
Has anyone actually confirmed the existence of Active Sound Control in the 2020 CR-V Hybrid? The only official reference I can find about ASC is an update from Honda stating that it is being added to the 2020 Civic Type R (rather different target customer base):

I have yet to run across any reference of ASC being added to any of the CR-V trims. Honda simply states that they are adding Active Noise Cancellation:

I suppose that one could argue that artificial engine noise is being introduced with ANC, but it is an out-of-phase signal intended to reduce the overall engine noise (not enhance it). I seem to remember finding a reference stating that ANC was disabled in Sport Mode, but I am unable to find it again or confirm that behavior.

· Banned
2020 CR-V Hybrid Touring
54 Posts
How can we disable fake engine sounds? I don't want the illusion of an engine when I paid more for the lack of one
I'd rather reprogram the synthesizer to sound like a Chevy LS3. :p

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,
Former 2012 CRV EX owner. We bought that one new and put 121,000 trouble free miles on it. Although it probably had a lot of life left, wife wanted something newer. Happy wife, happy life.

Bought a new 2020 CRV EX Hybrid in Sonic Gray Pearl yesterday at Phil Long Honda in Glenwood Springs, CO. (Ethan is great by the way if you ever go there)

I took it easy and putzed around for the first 100 miles or so even though I've heard that engine break-in isn't a thing like it used to be. I guess now hard acceleration and hard braking are the no-nos at first which I don't do anyway. (I'm old fashioned)

But then we headed for home in South Dakota. Going up the rocky mountains at 50-65 mph the engine REALLY REVS. Like I felt like it was going to blow up. I'm guessing it's normal and the smaller gas engine needs to do that to make it up extreme hills, but just wanted to verify that others have experienced this? The rest of the trip that wasn't huge uphills was very pleasant with little to no engine noise. Any personal experiences would be great to hear. Thanks much

Casey in SD

P.S. We hit a blizzard for the last 200 miles and many vehicles in the ditch, but the CRV trudged right on. Much like my 2012. Very capable vehicles in poor weather.

· Registered
2017 CR-V AWD EX-L 1.5T, 2018 Accord Touring Hybid
258 Posts
Going up the rocky mountains at 50-65 mph the engine REALLY REVS. Like I felt like it was going to blow up. I'm guessing it's normal and the smaller gas engine needs to do that to make it up extreme hills, but just wanted to verify that others have experienced this?
It's normal. The gas engine isn't connected to the wheels in that situation. It is driving a generator, which powers the electric motor. So the revs of the engine are completely unrelated to the revs of the wheels.

It has to really rev up to generate enough electrical horsepower to climb that mountain.

+++++

BTW, coming down the mountain your battery will probably charge to 100% from regenerative braking. If you use the paddles, it will then simulate downshifting by sending the electricity to the generator and spinning the ICE. It will make a similar sound.

Reactions: williamsji

· Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid Touring
7 Posts
But then we headed for home in South Dakota. Going up the rocky mountains at 50-65 mph the engine REALLY REVS. Like I felt like it was going to blow up. I'm guessing it's normal and the smaller gas engine needs to do that to make it up extreme hills, but just wanted to verify that others have experienced this? The rest of the trip that wasn't huge uphills was very pleasant with little to no engine noise. Any personal experiences would be great to hear. Thanks much
I have found that Sport mode works well to reduce the engine revving if you kick it in a bit before hitting hilly/curvy terrain. Because Sport mode favors a higher battery SOC (State Of Charge), the engine tends to run longer. But, by not cycling the engine so much, the Sport mode avoids the high revving peaks you would experience when hitting hills with a low SOC.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts