Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice surprise that my 2018 costs about $100 less to Insure than my 2015 Accord with the same coverage. My agent said the CR-V rates highly in the safety department hence the cost difference.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Nice surprise that my 2018 costs about $100 less to Insure than my 2015 Accord with the same coverage. My agent said the CR-V rates highly in the safety department hence the cost difference.
The rate on our new Crv is less then the 2010 Forester we traded in...

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Mine went up a little, agent claimed yes, it is a much safer vehicle, but those parts that help it be safer cost more to replace if you do get in an accident! They always win! LOL

·
Registered
38 Posts
With Geico our new 2018 Honda CRV EX-L went up about $80 every six months but I did add the 7/100 Mech Breakdown Warranty with Geico. We had a 2009 Honda CRV EX-L before the 2018.

Funny when I traded my 05 F150 and got the 2015 F150 the Insurance dropped pretty good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My agent was surprised when I traded in a 20-year-old car for the CRV and my insurance only went up a few bucks a month. She said she doesn't see that very often.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,095 Posts
mine ended up being only $300 a year over my 2001 accord. big win was when i found out that working at home i could change from full coverage to pleasure coverage.... since not driving to work everyday, my cost is now less per year than the accord.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mine ended up being only $300 a year over my 2001 accord. big win was when i found out that working at home i could change from full coverage to pleasure coverage.... since not driving to work everyday, my cost is now less per year than the accord.
We work from home and drive less than 7,500 miles a year so that gives us a $180 of on the Accoed per year. Not sure about the CR-V.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts