Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have 4 months old 2007 CR-V with Navi bought in Sweden.
I had a small one-time issue with the Navi, when one morning the system asked for the Security code. The message disappered when I re-started the engine, so problem solved at that time.

Since at the time of purchase I never recieved the Navi serial number nor the code (actually all books came afterward by mail), I called the dealer who then helped out in getting the code. The trick was get into the Navi setup menu, which also displays the serial no, which is required to get the security code.

To get to the Navi setup/diagnostics menu:
1) put ignition to 2
2) press Navi's Menu + Map + Cancel -buttons for 3 sec.
3) you are then inside the Navi system menu
4) Lots of options and so far...
5) From the Unit check -> Navi ECU you will find the serial no.

If you have time and interest to study about the other system options, it would be nice to read your notes about them.

Cheers from Sweden,
:cool:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hi all,

I have 4 months old 2007 CR-V with Navi bought in Sweden.
I had a small one-time issue with the Navi, when one morning the system asked for the Security code. The message disappered when I re-started the engine, so problem solved at that time.

Since at the time of purchase I never recieved the Navi serial number nor the code (actually all books came afterward by mail), I called the dealer who then helped out in getting the code. The trick was get into the Navi setup menu, which also displays the serial no, which is required to get the security code.

To get to the Navi setup/diagnostics menu:
1) put ignition to 2
2) press Navi's Menu + Map + Cancel -buttons for 3 sec.
3) you are then inside the Navi system menu
4) Lots of options and so far...
5) From the Unit check -> Navi ECU you will find the serial no.

If you have time and interest to study about the other system options, it would be nice to read your notes about them.

Cheers from Sweden,
:cool:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Nice information. This should be helpful for anyone with the Nav that can't find the code.

We have a number of members from Sweden. Post some pictures of your CR-V with some local-to-you scenery in the background. It is always nice to see other locations around the world.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts