Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Would you use a live CR-V|OC chatroom?

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in a live chat room on this site, to just chat, or get instant answers? let us know.

by the way, this will be on the site, no redirecting.

and there is a small fee to the administration for adding the chatroom, so vote honestly!

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I Didn't Vote!

I can't decide how to vote. I personally have no interest in live chat, but if it will reduce some of the the thread hijacking then go for it.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I have 100% guarantee it will not prevent thread hijacking, but it might reduce it. Once the topic of the thread has been covered people just converse on it, which isn't bad, and it can be fun for people, as long as the conversations don't get out of hand like racism and advanced political arguments, then it can get back on track fairly quick.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
we could all just join skype for free. then we have free audio and visual comunication. i'm with BP one this one it doesn't seem very practical. now a person can ask a question a 10:00 PM and have it answered by noon the next day. with live chat the people have to be on constantly and other then a few people with too much free time no one really seems to be on here. we have about 7,000 members and maybe 2,000 people are regular active users.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I don't know if the visual thing would be a good idea.... what if spammers got a hold of the technology, or exhibitionists, if you know what I mean.

"Need help with my V"

*click*

(welcome to video chat)

*click*

OH MY!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*click closed*

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
well you don't have to use the vidieo. piont taken:D the worst thing about skype is the people looking for friends. you don't know how many coolguy236's and sexycatgirl4756 there are looking for friends.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Poor Little Frightened BP

Speaking of friends. What exactly does it mean when you have a request for friend? I have had three of these and I click around until the damn thing is satisfied and then go on my way. What exactly am I agreeing to just out curiosity sake?

I don't believe I will be too terribly frightened of the chat room...as long as the computer has an off switch.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I don't believe I will be too terribly frightened of the chat room...as long as the computer has an off switch.
Well that's good.

As for the friend request, you are in agreement with the person that is requesting your friendship, that you will loan them $10,000 without interest at any time they need it, and without warning.

:confused:

I have no idea what it's for.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
My Son Is My Friend!

Well that's good.

As for the friend request, you are in agreement with the person that is requesting your friendship, that you will loan them $10,000 without interest at any time they need it, and without warning.

My son is my friend! Forget it, Badgerland, the kid has all the 10 grand packets that I have available.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Well that's good.

okay I need the 10k you owe me to pay Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts