Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Thank you for sharing this! Very useful item. I'll print it and fill it out and store it in the glove box for reference. : )

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I filled that out when we got our CRV.
Such a good idea for Honda and our salesman did walkthrough before we left the dealer.
In our past honda/acura purchases we never got a sheet just the droning features quickly when you're exhausted from the dealer and just want to leave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for posting !
That would have been a really nice walk -through before we left the dealer. The salesman kind of half-way did it and told us we just didn't need to know all of that stuff.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks for sharing, now if they added the pages numbers in the owners manual for each section it would be perfect....yea I want everything :Mexican wave:

·
Registered
548 Posts
I wonder if there is a setting to change the AC vent settings by default :) Both front facing and bottom when on cold.. I have to adjust it ever time :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I filled that out when we got our CRV.
I might have been offered something similar but it was four hours from the time we shook hands until they gave me the keys. After three and half hours of "real soon now" I said if I didn't have a car in 30 minutes I would take that as they didn't want to do the deal and I was going home. I had gone thru all the Honda YouTube videos so I felt fairly comfortable with the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I discovered that for my 5G EX-L, I have to have TWO of these spreadsheets as these settings are personalized for each of the two smart entry transponders. Settings that can be customized per transponder are indicated by either "Driver 1" or "Driver 2" displayed at top of the Settings menu. Whichever transponder is used to open the driver door is the one selected for use and customization. This is not documented in the Owners manual. The salesman who did the initial setup when we took delivery of the car did not know of this capability, and he had done the setup for dozens of 5G CRV. So, for our CRV, when my wife is driver, the seat, the locks/unlocks, and warnings are automatically set for her preferences. When I drive the car, they are set for how I like them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is it possible to sit down with them and put your phone down on table with the timer going and tell them you don't want the extended warranty, you don't want the sticker on the back window you want the real plates, you don't want the dealers decal or licence plate frame on the vehicle and they have 20 minutes to complete the deal or you walk?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Is it possible to sit down with them and put your phone down on table with the timer going and tell them you don't want the extended warranty, you don't want the sticker on the back window you want the real plates, you don't want the dealers decal or licence plate frame on the vehicle and they have 20 minutes to complete the deal or you walk?
So you didn't buy the car :=0
Of all the car I have purchased I never purchased a cash transaction in under 2 hours :=)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I bought an Acura in Laurel MD. It was an internet sale and I had a cashiers check with me. I took the train up and the sales guy picked me up at the station. Prearranged. Car had been preped and washed. I was driving out of their lot in less than 15 minutes from when I arrived. No up-sell, temp tags, just enough directions to set the navi to home and off I went. Why Laurel? Because I saved about $2k from the local dealer's best offer. Local dealer still serviced the car and, when I went to buy my next car, I referred to the fact that I was the guy who would go out of their distributors area to pick up a car so lets settle on a reasonable price. They did.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I bought an Acura in Laurel MD. It was an internet sale and I had a cashiers check with me. I took the train up and the sales guy picked me up at the station. Prearranged. Car had been preped and washed. I was driving out of their lot in less than 15 minutes from when I arrived. No up-sell, temp tags, just enough directions to set the navi to home and off I went. Why Laurel? Because I saved about $2k from the local dealer's best offer. Local dealer still serviced the car and, when I went to buy my next car, I referred to the fact that I was the guy who would go out of their distributors area to pick up a car so lets settle on a reasonable price. They did.
I also pay by Cashier Check. I have worked out the financing packages and bank loans etc and they end up costing a lot more. When I was younger I financed, luckily I can get around that now.

Rob

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I also pay by Cashier Check. I have worked out the financing packages and bank loans etc and they end up costing a lot more. When I was younger I financed, luckily I can get around that now.

Rob
I'm not even sure Cashier's Checks are necessary anymore. With today's banking systems, at least in the US, any dealer can verify and probably electronically debit and deposit your personal check in a matter of minutes. I have used personal checks when buying my vehicles for at least the last 10 years. In fact in more than one case, I asked the dealer to hold the check (and they happily complied) for a couple of days so I could transfer funds from a savings account to cover the check.

·
Registered
29 Posts
When I bought a few weeks ago, I had a cashiers check for 12K, wrote a personal check for 10K and was waiting on my 9k draft from my credit union. Dealer said don't worry, take the car and bring us the rest in the next 14 days....I said I don't do extended warranty and let's do the checklist when I come back.. F&I manager said see ya soon! They didn't even cash my personal check for 10 days.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My sales man handed It to my 80 year father already cheked off and a told him that he had gon over it with him when we were there a few days earlier.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts