Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to collect data from owners who are experiencing poor heat in the winter.

Data point 1
Drive your CRV for at least 15 minutes on a day where the outside temp is at least 45 degrees F or higher. Then take a picture or note how high your water temp gauge is at.

Data point 2
Drive your CRV for at least 15 minutes on a day where the outside temp is 10 degrees F or lower. Then take a picture or note how high your water temp gauge is at.

Report back here when you have both data points.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
The temp gauge on our CRV is pretty much worthless.......as most factory temp gauges are. On our CRV, the factory temp gauge stops moving (middle mark) when coolant temp reaches +/-160F. ScanGauge will show coolant temp well north of 210F and factory gauge is still in the middle. Haven't experienced 10F ambient here, but did see some upper teens ambient temps Jan-Feb. Heater worked fine.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I dont think I'd say worthless. It's to stop every Tom dick and Mary from making warranty complaints because the gauge is jumping around. It does what's needed, tells when at operating temp and will tell when temps exceed normal operating range due to a problem.

Pretty much all cars are this way anymore, have been for quite some time.

For those of us that actually want the real I do it's annoying but it does the job it's meant to these days.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
447 Posts
I would like to collect data from owners who are experiencing poor heat in the winter.

Data point 1
Drive your CRV for at least 15 minutes on a day where the outside temp is at least 45 degrees F or higher. Then take a picture or note how high your water temp gauge is at.

Data point 2
Drive your CRV for at least 15 minutes on a day where the outside temp is 10 degrees F or lower. Then take a picture or note how high your water temp gauge is at.

Report back here when you have both data points.
I'm already doing a video of the above. Warm weather part is done, I'm using a Scangauge and a timer with inside / outside temp

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Looking forward to your info/video. I’m sure it will tell us more than the worthless factory gauge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts