Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my CR-V officially turned one the other day, and I have a rattle from about every part of the car- I have one in the dash (a metal clicking sound) that just started happening yesterday, one from the driver door (around the window switch assembly), one from the roof/sunroof (persistent clicking sound), and one coming from the hatch (sounds like the latch isn’t all the way shut but it is). That being said, I was wondering if anyone else has had rattles from their CR-V? I made a similar post prior to this one a couple of weeks ago, and it seems like no one is having any rattles in theirs!

I’m going to be putting it in my local Honda dealer during the Christmas weeks to get them fixed (hopefully under warranty, but I’ve never done anything with a warranty as this is my first new car), so I hope everything goes well, but I’m slightly annoyed that this is happening on a car that’s barely a year old.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
No rattles in the car yet. I know they will come, they always do it typically depends on how bad the roads are that you drive on. I do have the center console squeak when I rest my elbow on it.

Rob

·
Registered
121 Posts
For the hatch, try removing the cargo cover. I had a rattling noise from the rear driver's side, and took apart all the panels on that side.
I wasn't able to find the problem and the noise continued.
I removed the cargo cover and the noise stopped. I have since been able to install the cargo cover without any noises. It might not have been installed perfectly the first time.

·
Registered
222 Posts
So far nothing but my Grandson's empty car seat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies everyone! I went ahead and Googled "2018 CR-V Rattle" and it turned up a bunch of results- many of which are related to the problems I'm experiencing hahaha. Guess I should've done my research before I just went out and asked :Darn:

I'll be putting my CR-V into my Honda dealer next week. I've read that other Honda forum users have had their rattle problems covered under warranty, so hopefully they can not only find the source of my rattles, but they'll be covered under warranty.... fingers crossed!:Dunno:

Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Our 2017 EX has developed a creaking noise in the drivers door panel, in the sill where you'd rest your arm. You hear it when going over bumps or even leaning your arm against the door (inside).
I will see what the dealer can do about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts