Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone find the seats uncomfortable on longer trips. We have a 2017 EX and are about ready to sell or trade in. The seats are painful for my wife and uncomfortable for me for long periods of travel.

We have a 2005 odyssey and it has very comfortable seats. Wife's parents moved from a 2000 to a 2017 and they are too happy with the new seats on the odyssey either.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My wife and I find the CR-V seats exceptionally comfortable. My wife has arthritic hips so is prone to needing a lot of breaks to move around. On several long trips recently, we were able to ride for hours without a break. I don't know about all trims, but our 2018 Touring has a 12-way driver's seat with a moveable lumbar support that can be configured for many different positions.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
425 Posts
i would put those memory foam cushions.... I have but not because its uncomfortable but because wife is just 5 feet tall and most importantly I want to keep the seats clean....
they have ones for the back too.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,581 Posts
Does anyone find the seats uncomfortable on longer trips. We have a 2017 EX and are about ready to sell or trade in. The seats are painful for my wife and uncomfortable for me for long periods of travel.

We have a 2005 odyssey and it has very comfortable seats. Wife's parents moved from a 2000 to a 2017 and they are too happy with the new seats on the odyssey either.
Seating requirements vary by owner for sure.

Personally, as someone with a bad lower right lumbar from an accident many years ago, I am very prone to pain after a few hours riding in a motor vehicle seat. Once I got the lumbar set correctly on my Touring front seat... I have to say.. this is the most comfortable CRV I have owned, and for that matter... better then any car in the last 20 years for me. I can literally hop in and drive for 8+ hours and get out at the end and not have any pain or stiffness in my back. I will say that the Lumbar support for in my Touring is less robust then I have seen in the past and I had to put it almost to max to get the right support for my needs.

Mine is a CRV Touring and the only thing I have added to the standard leather seats is sheepskin seat covers (as they are always the right temperature.. never too hot, never too cold, and never get sweaty.)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I hate the seats for long drives. I am 5/9 overweight and have an issue with my tailbone. My last 3 cars 2003 Expedition (high end model), 2010 malibu (base), 2016 camry (mid-w/fake leather), and now the crv. None of the previous cars bothered me like the crv does.........except...... My fiance's 2018 highlander. The lack of adjustment on the passenger seat and angle makes it horrible.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi William, thanks for sharing!
Would you be able to tell us where did you get the sheepskin covers from?
Sound interesting! I wanna try

thanks

Personally, as someone with a bad lower right lumbar from an accident many years ago, I am very prone to pain after a few hours riding in a motor vehicle seat. Once I got the lumbar set correctly on my Touring front seat... I have to say.. this is the most comfortable CRV I have owned, and for that matter... better then any car in the last 20 years for me. I can literally hop in and drive for 8+ hours and get out at the end and not have any pain or stiffness in my back. I will say that the Lumbar support for in my Touring is less robust then I have seen in the past and I had to put it almost to max to get the right support for my needs.

Mine is a CRV Touring and the only thing I have added to the standard leather seats is sheepskin seat covers (as they are always the right temperature.. never too hot, never too cold, and never get sweaty.)

·
Super Moderator
7,581 Posts
Hi William, thanks for sharing!
Would you be able to tell us where did you get the sheepskin covers from?
Sound interesting! I wanna try

thanks
I currently use these on our vehicles, and have been very happy with them on both our CRV and Accord.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0182QTSP6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have used these in the past as well, and found them equally good... it's just that I want black covers these days and they only offer charcoal or champagne.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002R8C17...&pd_rd_r=f40b05a7-99ee-11e9-a5b9-b57c662be7a0

Note: Expect to get about 3 years of use on the drivers seat, before they get a bit worn and are worth replacing. I get more like 5 years on mine.. because I swap driver and passenger covers at 2+ years.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a 2017 AWD Touring and do like the comfort of the seats. My only question is why in the world are they so wide? Does Honda think everyone has an extra wide butt? Seriously.... a little more bolster and at least 4-6" narrower and it would be perfect.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2019 CRV Touring and drive from NY to Florida and back. I also have back issues but find the seats very comfortable and supportive. I have found that leather seats offer much more support. My previous Ford Escape was very uncomfortable. You may have to tweek the seat seatings to find what is my comfortable for you.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have a bad lower back, and for me the 2017 EX-L driver's seat is very comfortable. I went out of my way to test drive at length all of the crossovers I was interested in just to see which one would be the most comfortable for my back. In my own case I couldn't stay in a Subaru for more than ten minutes before I was in pain. The Santa Fe was good for about 30 minutes. I couldn't even make it out of the dealer's lot with the Equinox. The CX-5 was nice for the long haul but I felt the cockpit space was a little cramped for me (5'-11', 175 lbs). Escape was okay but I didn't go that route because of the worse mileage. The CR-V held me nice a secure and let's me drive for hours at a time without pain.

The best seats I ever had, though, were in my 1985 Toyota Supra. The driver's seat felt like it was molded from my body and the cockpit like an extension of my arms. From what I recall Toyota either asked Recaro to design them (or advise) or build them for that model.

·
Super Moderator
7,581 Posts
I have a 2019 CRV Touring and drive from NY to Florida and back. I also have back issues but find the seats very comfortable and supportive. I have found that leather seats offer much more support. My previous Ford Escape was very uncomfortable. You may have to tweek the seat seatings to find what is my comfortable for you.
I agree with you about the leather seats offering more support. I tried both cloth and leather before making my trim level decision and the leather seats definitely felt more supportive. Makes sense considering that cloth flexes and stretches more easily. I'm not sure if they actually use different base foam in the leather seats....but that could also have an effect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2017 CRV Touring drivers seat is very comfortable. My 66 year old back and hip issues are no problem in my CRV. I have found Honda seats to work well for my old body but I realise everyone has different issues. All you can do is try them out before buying as best you can and hope they work on longer drives.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I drove 2K miles this weekend in my 2017 CR-V Touring. The seats are firm, but I found an adjustment that worked quite well for me (without adding anything). I did make it a point to move my wallet to the door pocket for the long hauls. With all the other features, I found the Touring model to be wonderful for my road trip.

·
Super Moderator
7,581 Posts
I drove 2K miles this weekend in my 2017 CR-V Touring. The seats are firm, but I found an adjustment that worked quite well for me (without adding anything). I did make it a point to move my wallet to the door pocket for the long hauls. With all the other features, I found the Touring model to be wonderful for my road trip.
I agree, the Touring really is a great vehicle for long road trips. My wife even prefers we use my CRV over her 2018 Accord for long trips... though I personally find her vehicle equally comfortable, but it is harder to get in and out of because of the very low seating on the new Accords.

I agree with pulling the wallet from your pocket on long trips. :) It does not seem like much.. but it does actually imbalance your seating on one side a bit. Nothing that would affect a young driver probably.. but for us "old gummers" it is amazing what can seem harmless.... yet result in an unexpected ache at the end of the day.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.