Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at the new Passport while at the Chicago Auto show. While there are some nice features, one thing that stood out is this is not a vehicle for a short person. Getting in is like getting into a PU compared to the CR-V. Also the rear cargo area floor is probably 10-12 inches higher which makes reaching for stuff next to rear seat very difficult. I know this doesn't apply to most people just something I noticed and thought I'd pass along.

As a side note, while riding thru the Toyota lot I saw 2 gen 5 CR-Vs on the used lot. Interesting (think Arte Johnson from Laugh In).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looked at the new Passport while at the Chicago Auto show. While there are some nice features, one thing that stood out is this is not a vehicle for a short person. Getting in is like getting into a PU compared to the CR-V. Also the rear cargo area floor is probably 10-12 inches higher which makes reaching for stuff next to rear seat very difficult. I know this doesn't apply to most people just something I noticed and thought I'd pass along.

As a side note, while riding thru the Toyota lot I saw 2 gen 5 CR-Vs on the used lot. Interesting (think Arte Johnson from Laugh In).

Yes, very interesting indeed... trading in their CR-Vs for Toyotas. Now, that's desparation!

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
358 Posts
Veeeery interesting - Sock it to me. Goldie Hawn, 1969?.

Up until very recent I've been tooling around in an 08 Santa Fe (stolen/ totaled); my only complaint with it was the need to duck my head while entering this vehicle.

Because I erroneously thought the CRV would be worse in that regard I decided to check out the new Passport; I found it to be too large as a daily runabout, very Pilot like in size (another buggy I once owned).

Then I tried my new (to me) 16 CRV; it provided a better door opening and so came home with me. After the fact I discovered how little (comparatively) interior space it provided (it Required me to seriously downsize my everyday carry junk).

·
Registered
250 Posts
I looked at the new Passport. The very honest Honda salesman said to me, "If you like the ride in your CR-V, you will not like the Passport. Every salesman at this dealership said the same thing more or less..... it is a much harder riding vehicle."

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another thing I found is that the rear doors don't open at almost full 90 degrees like the CR-V does. In fact I have found very few that do. Funny how the little things do seem to add up to a very good vehicle.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,127 Posts
Up until very recent I've been tooling around in an 08 Santa Fe (stolen/ totaled); my only complaint with it was the need to duck my head while entering this vehicle.
Because I erroneously thought the CRV would be worse in that regard I decided to check out the new Passport; I found it to be too large as a daily runabout, very Pilot like in size (another buggy I once owned).
if i had to duck my head to get into my vehicle....it would be saying - this has got to go. reminders that frequent would make me crazier.

it looked to my like the newer Pilot has been downsided a bit... just my imagination? I did think of a Pilot in 2018-if they would had made a CRV price deal just to get more off the lot. LOL

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
358 Posts
if i had to duck my head to get into my vehicle....it would be saying - this has got to go. reminders that frequent would make me crazier. HAD THIS OLDER SANTA FE BEEN LESS THAN EXCELLENT IN ALL OTHER ASPECTS THEN IT'D HAVE BEEN LONG GONE; AS IT WAS IT DIDN'T TAKE LONG TO LEARN TO DUCK/ ADAPT - AND ONCE SEATED I HAD PLENTY OF HEAD ROOM.

it looked to my like the newer Pilot has been downsided a bit... just my imagination? I did think of a Pilot in 2018-if they would had made a CRV price deal just to get more off the lot. LOL
WE LIKED OUR FORMER PILOT - UNTIL THE GRANDKIDS WANTED TO JOIN US - THAT LED TO THE GRANNY BUGGY (A 2015 ODYSSEY, WITH ITS WIDE SLIDING DOORS).

I just needed another economical scooter /grocery getter (eliminating the need to run my 2018 F350 diesel dually to fetch a loaf of bread); and the viewed Passport, while very nice, turned out to be way too much for my runabout needs.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,757 Posts
Wrascal-using capital letters looks like you are shouting at us.

The third gen Pilot is the longest if all generations. The Passport is close sizewise to the first gen-but imho lacks the space efficiency of the first gen.

My 05 us still with us at 245k. It's done is very proud over the years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts