Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
crack.jpg

Discovered this crack in the paint on my 2017 CRV while washing it today. I am afraid that it might grow or peel. Any ideas on how I might be able to mitigate the damage? Is the body shop my only real option for repairing this crack.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks like it's started to rust under the paint, from the brown streak showing at the bottom of the crack. Definitely have to get it worked on at a shop, where they will get down below the paint at the metal layer, to prevent further rust damage. Left untreated, that might become a rusted through hole in the body.
That crack damage also looks like it's on top of a previously repaired section of the body; looks a lot like a body filler crack, to me.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looks like it's started to rust under the paint, from the brown streak showing at the bottom of the crack. Definitely have to get it worked on at a shop, where they will get down below the paint at the metal layer, to prevent further rust damage. Left untreated, that might become a rusted through hole in the body.
That crack damage also looks like it's on top of a previously repaired section of the body; looks a lot like a body filler crack, to me.
I was also wondering about that, weird if it is the case seeing it's only a 2017 model.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If studio428 has never had any bodywork done on it since new, then it's probably a dealer touch-up. Sometimes they get banged up during initial shipping and it might be a dealer touch-up, before selling to unsuspecting buyers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts