Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whilst having 87,500 service honda tech said hissing sound under bonnet probable egr issue. into dealer for further investigation large EGR pipe with split in concertinaed part of pipe. other signs of issue exhaust fumes in to cabin & a build up of exhaust smoke under bonnet when stationary, also a slight lag on pullaway, this is a gen 3 diesel auto..
£430 later new pipe fitted all good, delaer said they had done about 3 of these anyone else?? is it an issue developing:confused:

·
Everything in Moderation
8,077 Posts
If that EGR pipe had failed in the USA (the V is a 2011, BTW) it would have been covered by the government's emissions laws. (Which is 8 years IIRC)

Do Gen 4 Vs have EGR in the USA?

·
Registered
2 Posts
just been told by Honda uk this item has been covered by extended warranty
I have just found out that my 2012 plate has a cracked EGR pipe, smell in cabin when stationary, not been to Honda dealership yet but I am expecting a fight for warranty claim...how easy was it for you and how did you go about it..thanks dazza17

·
Registered
1 Posts
weak design

whilst having 87,500 service honda tech said hissing sound under bonnet probable egr issue. into dealer for further investigation large EGR pipe with split in concertinaed part of pipe. other signs of issue exhaust fumes in to cabin & a build up of exhaust smoke under bonnet when stationary, also a slight lag on pullaway, this is a gen 3 diesel auto..
£430 later new pipe fitted all good, delaer said they had done about 3 of these anyone else?? is it an issue developing:confused:
Expansion joint should be DOUBLE convoluted design.
Should have internal sleeve to protect convolutions against exhaust gas pulses, particulate mater (collecting in same) & flow separation buffeting from adjacent bends & EGR valve oscillations! (That's why they fitted a external Knit mesh sleeve damper? -bit of a band aid!)
Necking & tool marks on one of the bends extend right up to first convolution where I am sure the split occurs?
Failure almost certainly fatigue.
Best of luck with warranty claim (poor design on otherwise good car)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone managed to get the EGR pipe replaced free of charge by Honda? Just been told it will cost about £500 to replace pipe on my 2012 CRV

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had my 2010 CRV in for recall on passenger airbag the garage informed me that the EGR pipe is cracked the receptionist contacted Honda and they will supply a new pipe, however Honda will not cover the cost of labour which will be £144.50 + Vat !!

I contacted Honda customer relations and they informed me the pipe will be supplied as a gesture of goodwill but will not cover the cost of fitting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same age vehicle and the same peoblem, but not noticed when I too hae the airbag recall
Are you in the UK and if so, which dealer did you use?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had an EGR pipe replaced under 2 years ago on my 2012 idetec crv and its cracked again such a crap design

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has any body got a picture of the location of where about the pipe is located in the engine bay
As i have fumes coming into cab and my car is 2010 so im guessing honda wont repair without charging a fortune any info would be much appreciated thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has any body got a picture of the location of where about the pipe is located in the engine bay
As i have fumes coming into cab and my car is 2010 so im guessing honda wont repair without charging a fortune any info would be much appreciated thanks
My car is the same year and I also have fumes coming into the car.
Thinking this will cost a fortune to fix :/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its now been taken to the honda garage will cost £267 to fix witch i dont think is today i is the egr pipe that has split

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im not sure about warranty mine is a 2010 and took to the main dealer was charger £290 for part and labour witch i dont think is a bad price and the part is expensive from honda

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just found out that my 2012 plate has a cracked EGR pipe, smell in cabin when stationary, not been to Honda dealership yet but I am expecting a fight for warranty claim...how easy was it for you and how did you go about it..thanks dazza17
Got the same problem with my 2012 CRV Honda UK tells me out of warranty would like to find out if it has been extended please .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts