Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Crank no start

726 Views 27 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  8dragon
I have a 1997 honda crv lx it's a crank no start issue pulled the injectors and they are not spraying I checked all relays and fuses ngk spark plugs and wires from honda. I got fuel pressure just injectors not spraying. Please help this is my daily driver
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2,469 Posts
Just double checking Have you checked the Main Relay? When you turn the Key to the ON position does the Check Engine Light comes ON then shuts off after a few seconds? This is a classic symptom of a bad Main Relay. Was anything done before this happened?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just double checking Have you checked the Main Relay? When you turn the Key to the ON position does the Check Engine Light comes ON then shuts off after a few seconds? This is a classic symptom of a bad Main Relay. Was anything done before this happened?
The main relay is fine she went to get food and gas 3 days ago and it hasn't been the same

· Registered
2,469 Posts
It looks brand new does not mean it works good. Not trying to be a smart ass. I would suggest to open and inspect the solder if any cracks. There are many articles on the Internet to check the Proper Operation of the Main Relay. When cranking did you checked if the cams are turning by removing the oil cap and looking if the cam(s) turns. When was the last time the Timing belt been replaced? Any Aftermarket stuff in the car? When you said it wasn't been the same 3 days prior what does this mean?

· Registered
2,469 Posts
I would also suggest to check for spark. Was the Ignition Switch replaced before? There was a recall Campaign in regards about the Ignition Switch. Try to start the engine with Only the Ignition Key without any other key with it.

· Registered
2,469 Posts
Just be careful be sure you disconnect the battery before working on the electrical system. How many miles do you have? Is the Distributor OEM Honda or Aftermarket? At least we know that the Coil is failing. Is the Spring on top of the Coil still there?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts