Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CRV 2.2 CDTI
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have discovered a noise coming from crank pulley. I thought that that noise originated in tensioner pulley as bearing was a bit noisy and wobbly, however after starting the engine without drive belt the noise was still present. Would you be able to direct me what may cause that sound?
Crank pulley looks ok to me, no visible damages.
Many thanks
Wit

Noise video recording

·
2,785 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Well, that doesn't sound good. Have you gotten a second opinion? I would do that first. If a good mechanic gives the same verdict, then you will need your wallet. I wouldn't wait, it probably won't get better. Keep us informed on this issue. Hopefully more folks chime in here. I am not familiar with this engine, as we don't have them here.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I assume that this is a Petrol Engine? I assume that all of the drive belts have been removed or only 1 long serpentine belt? How is the engine oil level? Was anything done before this happened? It could be the timing chain tensioner.

·
Registered
2009 CRV 2.2 CDTI
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume that this is a Petrol Engine? I assume that all of the drive belts have been removed or only 1 long serpentine belt? How is the engine oil level? Was anything done before this happened? It could be the timing chain tensioner.
No, it’s diesel, only one long serpentine belt but currently removed, oil level ok. I’m not convinced about the chain as the noise only from the bottom, there is no any chain noise from the top of the engine. Anyway this noise was present for long time but thought it was from one of tensioner pulley or alternator, but after removing the drive belt my assumption ma collapsed :(

·
Registered
2009 CRV 2.2 CDTI
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! Well, that doesn't sound good. Have you gotten a second opinion? I would do that first. If a good mechanic gives the same verdict, then you will need your wallet. I wouldn't wait, it probably won't get better. Keep us informed on this issue. Hopefully more folks chime in here. I am not familiar with this engine, as we don't have them here.
Thank you , I will post once find a fixing solution

·
2,785 Posts
Moved to Diesel section.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hi, I have discovered a noise coming from crank pulley. I thought that that noise originated in tensioner pulley as bearing was a bit noisy and wobbly, however after starting the engine without drive belt the noise was still present. Would you be able to direct me what may cause that sound?
Crank pulley looks ok to me, no visible damages.
Many thanks
Wit

Noise video recording
Maybe this previous thread might help?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a Haynes manual for Honda crv 02-06 I believe the engine is the same as it's been produced for a long time and a few models.under fault finding,it says worn main bearing (rumble and knocking)worse under load,was it worse with the belt on.It says to check the end float.Push the pulley towards the back of the engine,then pull it
foreward,is there any movement,If there is you should be able to feel it move and stop.if there is movement you
need a new thrustwasher which only comes in one thickness.If it does not bring it back within tolerance you
need a new crankshaft.I would also try to see if there is movement up and down which would be the front main
bearing.Don't start throwing parts at it like The Dark Knight above.While the belt is off I would take the tensioner
pulley off and spray some wd40 on the spring and the inside of the alluminium housing.Good Luck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just thought the Belt is the correct one, if your 09 is the same as mine it is 7 V 1765 .The route is straight across
between CSPulley and the power steeringpump in and out after that.A good tip when changing the belt is to remove the belt then fix old one to new one with a tye wrap and pull down from the wheel arch,cut off tye wrap and guide round pulleys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts