Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 1999 honda crv with the b20z2 motor. When I got it the timing belt was broke. I replace it along with the the water pump and the pulley. Now Im Not getting any spark. I replace the ignition coil first. Still no spark. Then I bought a whole rebuilt distributor, still no spark. After doing a few more test it looks like my distributor is not getting the signal to fire. From what I read it's either the ecm or the crankshaft sensor. I dont have any check engine lights. The CIL comes on for 2 seconds and then turns off when I first turn the key to the run position. So if it's my crankshaft position sensor wont have a CIL? How can I test the sensor and or the ecm?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
That info should be put into the post you made in Problems and issues.
Have you checked Fuse #9 (15A) IGN Coil in the interior fuse box yet?
Did you replace the timing belt and water pump yourself?
Have you tired having the codes read, in case there are some stored in the computer?
If your remove the oil filler cap and look inside it with a flashlight while someone is cranking the engine over, can you see movement of the cam.etc?
Buffalo4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts