Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Crankshaft Pulley went Loose and woobling in the rubber and died 2 weeks ago.. also the 2 belts driven by it :confused:

I have fixed it for now using 2k Chemical metal (see the attached Photos) I centered the inner and outer pulley using a bed milling machine and proper alignment gauges and tools at my job, cleaning everything, making marks for the 2k metalcompound. After it hardened i measured it out on a magnetic chuck in my grinding machine, the inner and outer rim had a difference of 0,02-0,04mm (almost nothing or better aligned than brandnew OEM i bet)

Now the question! Will i get a problem later since the rubber dampener is gone, the engine runs fine and the 2k works well between -50 and 100 degrees celcius (should not be a problem, the engine is 85 degress celcius when running and the pulley sits outside)

And yes! reading this youre thinking "what about the time marks on the outer pulley??

Easy now! they are in place there they are supposed to be ;) (measured them out before disassembling)

Im just a little concerned about the damper effect......maybe!! :)

And i repared it because a new one will take 5 to 10 workdays to arrive from ebay (Germany or US), there are no dealers in DK who has a non OEM it in stock at all. My local Honda dealer takes 500 dollars, NO THANKS!

20160118_160127.jpg
20160118_194948.jpg
20160121_220536.jpg
20160118_200614.jpg

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice work! I believe it should be fine. You might just get a little vibrations when the engine is at full load.
Thank you! I googled a little about the damper effect after i wrote here. The rubber damper is ment to spare the alternator the vibrations from the engine and not reverse. I thought it was ment to spare the engine some vibrations.
I saved some Money and wont think more about it, my engine runs more smooth than it have done for a long time, i think the rubber has loosened over a long time giving some noise and vibrations at idle. I started notice some engine idle noise 2 weeks before christmas and its gone now .

Lets call it "job well done" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Manufacturer's have been putting vibration dampeners on crankshafts for longer than alternators have been around. You may have saved some money, in the short run, but, I think you'll end up paying a lot more in the long run.

Good luck with your fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts