Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was changing out the bulbs in the climate control knobs with LEDs. One of them wasn't lighting up after testing them so I decided to take a square drive bit (since that's the base of the bulb) and turn it right or left to try to seat the contact surfaces better. I didn't even think of the fact that it would...and did...short the circuit as I saw a little spark. The climate lights all shut off, as did the dash cluster lights.

So when the headlights are off, The radio backlight and "P" indicator is still on. Once I switch on parking lights or headlights, those turn dark. The push button lights for A/C and Inside Air still illuminate, but not the backlighting bulb.

My first thought was pull the fuse to check. Based on the fuse diagram inside the cabin, I thought that "ACC Radio" in slot 8 was the ticket. a 7.5 amp fuse. Pulled it and tested with the ohmmeter,. Checked out fine.

So now I'm panicking. I need to see my dash at night when driving!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just came across this video and it's an older accord but I'm wondering if the principle still applies. Anyone confirm the wire colors before I short something else?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another thing I noticed. When switching from parking lights to headlights, the "P" illuminates for a second then goes off. and this goes both ways to/fro headlight mode

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

This is lights off. Notice the backlight for the odometer works well. That was a new LED

Parking lights on. Now the backlighting is off, and are gauges, of which I put three new LEDs in there. (I miscalculated bulbs and didn't replace the top two gauge bulbs, but even those old ones are off). Also notice the left blinker doesn't really come "on" but it's semi-lit. That's a new LED

Headlights on, same

High beams. high beam indicator was a new LED which comes on. The only change.

Back off, right blinker lever activated. Note it comes on. So Left blinker does not come "on" despite being partially illuminated in parking/headhlight mode. WEIRD

Other things to note, I change out the Drive and O/D/ off bulbs and they work just fine.

So something is wrong with the switch from off to "illuminated". That video I referenced above talks about the short being at the dimmer channel and he put in a jumper wire there. Does that seem to make sense? Keep in mind all climate control bulbs don't work either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts