Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side headlight randomly stopped working. When I changed the bulb, it was evident that the old bulb was OK. The new bulb didn't illuminate. I pulled the fuse for the driver's side and the passenger bulb illuminated, but not brightly. I installed new fuses and swapped out he relays - still can't get the passenger headlight to illuminate. Any help on this?

Registered
You probably need a wiring diagram. I would check out the ground side. I don鈥檛 know the 05 crv headlight wiring.... It wouldn鈥檛 surprise me if some of the control of the headlights come from the ground side.

Registered
Looks like you have a bad ground on the left bulb. When that happens there's no voltage drop across the bulb, hence the same voltage reading on both spades.

To confirm that, touch a wire from the negative spade to a grounding point nearby with headlight switch On. If the bulb lights, there's a bad ground.

If you can't tell which spade is neg, remove bulb and check voltage on each spade connector with switch On. The one showing voltage is positive. Be careful not to touch your grounding wire to this spade as it will blow the fuse.

Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
yep sounds like the passenger side lost ground ,bad connector or broken wire ,so if you have the drivers headlight fuse out and the passenger side lights dim and you unplug the drivers side bulb it should shut off the dim passenger light because it lost its path to ground through the drivers bulb filament maybe,or the fuse for the headlight is blown,,if you are showing power on the ground its probably a ground wire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts