Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2001 EX 4wd recently and I really do like it. It's going to be my commuter car for as long as it lives. Ever since I got it it has creaked front back driver side passenger everywhere. Sitting still moving the wheel or going over bumps, always creaks. Ill admit I have kind of thrown parts at it but these parts needed replacing due to age and torn boots anyway. I have tried new front and rear struts, new tie rod ends, new sway bar links front and back, new upper control arms up front. I have also tried to grease the sway bar bushings front and back. Nothing and I mean nothing has worked so clearly I have not isolated it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same issue, took it to Honda and they changed the differential oil using Honda own oil and the cleared the cranks on turns and running smoothly now 4yrs down the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had the same issue, took it to Honda and they changed the differential oil using Honda own oil and the cleared the cranks on turns and running smoothly now 4yrs down the line

Hmm you don't say? It was from the diffs? That I would have never guessed. I'm not entirely sold on that but it's worth a shot. It creaks in park if I rock the vehicle from side to side.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,767 Posts
Turning off the radio might help. Additionally check power steering level and fluid condition. Recheck tightness of all work. Did you replace top bearing of front struts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Towards the end of the video, it sounds exactly like a ball joint.
The only thing that makes me think it is not is because it is coming from front and rear and both sides, basically every wheel area. The rears do not have ball joints. I have replaced every ball joint except the lowers in the front.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Turning off the radio might help. Additionally check power steering level and fluid condition. Recheck tightness of all work. Did you replace top bearing of front struts?
Actually I have found turning the radio UP makes 99% of the odd noises go away.

:p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

What do you mean by cleared the cranks

·
Registered
1 Posts
That noise sounds like what I experienced about 2 years ago ...2000 crv se. While the vehicle is stopped, have someone else outside the vehicle watch the front upper A arms along where they mount to the fender well. Turn the steering wheel side to side , If the A arm shifts side to side at all there's your problem .If the bushings that the A arm rides on is compromised the shift will cause that rubbing noise. The fix is New Upper A arms

1 - 10 of 10 Posts