Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 CRV touring with 7700mi on it. I get a creaking noise when I go over certain bumps and it is very pronounced when going over speed bumps. Seems like it is coming from the right rear but not 100% sure.
Been to the dealer 3 times already. they changed the rear shocks but still no good. He can't seem to find the problem. He ordered bump stops today and they will be in next week. Any advise on this subject? Any known problems with creaking noise from rear of the crv? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I have a 2018 CRV touring with 7700mi on it. I get a creaking noise when I go over certain bumps and it is very pronounced when going over speed bumps. Seems like it is coming from the right rear but not 100% sure.
Been to the dealer 3 times already. they changed the rear shocks but still no good. He can't seem to find the problem. He ordered bump stops today and they will be in next week. Any advise on this subject? Any known problems with creaking noise from rear of the crv? Thank you.
Check the sway bar bushings

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
Does it do it with spare tire and all the other bits in and under the trunk ?

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
I'm guessing here, but since you are seeking a noise gremlin, all possible sources should be checked. :)

So I would also put the rear bumper assembly, and all it 's mounting points and hardware on the suspect list.

These modern soft impact bumpers can makes some wierd noises.. though generally only when they contact with something.

If the buffering foam or the fittings to hold it in place on the bumper bar, or the bumper bar itself was not installed properly in all fastener locations.. I could see that as a possible cause. And bumps in the road or speed bumps could certainly trigger it.

Maybe.. consider having someone else ride in the cargo area while you test drive on some bumps... that might enable them to localize the sound more for you and narrow down possible causes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts