Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 2018 EX I notice that when I'm pushing in the brake pedal to brake I can sometimes hear a creaking noise, like if you twist plastic. It is somewhere in front of me, but I can't really pinpoint where it's coming from. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Yes if you park the vehicle for more than a day the rotors start to form rust on them. For the first few minutes of driving everytime I press the breaks I get a crunching grating noise. After a few presses of the brakes the rust is gone and so is the sound.

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
522 Posts
does it creak when parked pushing the brake pedal,I have seen a few bad calipers do that ,the calipers had a Phenolic piston on the few i have seen not sure if the 2013 crv does but if it creaks when stopped and pushing the pedal have someone touch the caliper and you can feel a weird vibration with your hand on the caliper through the wheel opening

·
Registered
88 Posts
I started hearing the creeking a few weeks ago, I now have 30k on my 2017 and it sounds like it’s coming from under the dash above my feet. Considering what I’ve been going through with my sunroof issue, if I mention another thing I feel like they aren’t even going to bother looking for a solution and they are just gonna tell me that it’s mormal. If they can’t get paid for warranty work, they just don’t want to be bothered. I’m sending back to the dealer today because the drip channel above the sunshade came loose again after they changed the sunroof assembly for the 2nd time in a year and a half. It’s been very stressful trying to get the sunroof repaired properly. They stopped the leak so far but now there is an annoying tapping noise because of that drip channel.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2017 at 10,000 miles about a year ago. Dealer tried lubing but ordered a new Brake Master Cylinder just in case. Lubing didn't help, so they replaced the master cylinder two weeks later. Hasn't made a sound since.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, haven't been able to respond in a few days.
I do hear it when stopped at a light, but it seems like the harder I press the brake pedal the more creaking I hear.
I'll have to double check to see if I still hear it after driving a bit.

Scander-2017, please let us know if you have them check it out.
BobInPa, I'm only at less than 3000 miles at the moment. It's not a loud creaking, but does get annoying once you hear it. It's like you can't stop noticing it once you do. I hope I don't need to replace my brake master cylinder.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The creaking sound you are hearing sounds to me like a brake pedal return spring. I say this as i had this problem once before on our older 2003 CR V EX when the brake switch was replaced the spring was installed incorrectly and rubbed the pedal arm when depressing it. Simple fix no harm done.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The creaking sound you are hearing sounds to me like a brake pedal return spring. I say this as i had this problem once before on our older 2003 CR V EX when the brake switch was replaced the spring was installed incorrectly and rubbed the pedal arm when depressing it. Simple fix no harm done.
Was it a free dealer fix or DIY?

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
the Pedal and parts in the car can be lubed the sound will return ask me? I know/ you get used to it. the NCS (Noise cancling system) should make it go away Lol it does not I bet.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Sorry, haven't been able to respond in a few days.
I do hear it when stopped at a light, but it seems like the harder I press the brake pedal the more creaking I hear.
I'll have to double check to see if I still hear it after driving a bit.

Scander-2017, please let us know if you have them check it out.
BobInPa, I'm only at less than 3000 miles at the moment. It's not a loud creaking, but does get annoying once you hear it. It's like you can't stop noticing it once you do. I hope I don't need to replace my brake master cylinder.
I don't think the mileage matters, it may be defective.
Mine wasn't loud, just annoying. Using Brake Hold helped a whole lot.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So @Outrager what was the outcome?
It's definitely something near the pedal area, not something from the brakes themselves. They sound different.
I also can't seem to find any way to consistently replicate it since this past week I haven't really heard anything. When it does happen I can be stopped at a light and just lightly release and push the brake pedal to hear it. I think it might just be something not lubed enough.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Yep going to be a recall om my lord not another recall. Pedal squeal due to AIR passing

·
Registered
653 Posts
Once you're aware of that little noise, it'll drive you nuts. Mine did it for about a month or so, but stopped on its own before I could take it in for service.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Can't hear ya. why lube works wonders not KY

1 - 16 of 16 Posts