Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 CR-V LX with conventional key start, and we'd like to add an additional key for multiple drivers in the household.

I bought a blank key over a year ago, but then never did anything with it. https://www.amazon.com/KeylessOption-Keyless-Ignition-Replacement-MLBHLIK-1T/dp/B00KTJA73M $15: The price was certainly right, they are an Amazon Choice seller, and still at it 3 years later, so I'm going to assume that pairing it to the vehicle will likely work.

My local True Value hardware store cut it with their pantograph key reproducer milling machine. No 'fancy' CNC laser cutter system required. $6.99 plus tax, so no pain here. But now we need to get it programmed/paired to the car.

I recently used Toyota's Techstream and successfully added an ebay Smart Key fob to our Sienna, so I've had the positive experience of doing this kind of 'magic' myself at home.

I've been researching HDS and an appropriate HIM for use with pairing the new CR-V key, and possibly other customization. Has anyone been adventurous enough to go here?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has ventured into HDS and a HIM to see what's possible?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.