Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody cross shop the CR-V with the Forester? If so, how would you compare the two? What drew you to each and why did you finally make the desicison you did.

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
We test drove the 2017 Forester, RAV4, CX-5 and the CR-V 1.5L. All four great cars and highly rated by Consumer Reports. Of the four cars, CR showed the CR-V with the quickest 0-60 mph and the best mpg. That's why we went with the V, but they are all nice cars.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I owned a 15 Forester XT for almost three years, it was quick but had a bumpy ride and the worst drivers seat of any car that I owned in the past 30+ years. When we bought the 17 CRV Touring, it was such a big step up over the Forester. I am sure that the newest Forester is much improved, but the anemic engine and laggy CVT would not be my first choice.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,882 Posts
I shopped both the CRV and the Forester on my last buy cycle.

In the end, I went with the CRV.. even though CR rates the Forester higher overall.

Reasons:
I don't like the boxer engines, and wish Subaru would just move on to something better. And the CRV performed better in all ways on my test drives.. but not in a compelling manner.

The Forester has a better system with EyeSight compared to HondaSensing, but not enough to pull the trigger

The CRV gen5 was simply more refined in design and finish when I compared them and test drove them.

We are a long time Honda owning household.. so there needs to be a compelling reason to switch to Subaru (or some other brand and model), and there simply was not one this time around. All vehicle brands and models have some issues and shortfalls for sure... but better the devil you know then the one you do not. :)

But I never give Honda a free pass when it comes to a new vehicle purchase. They do fumble sometimes.. particularly where Civics are concerned... so they have to be favorably competitive when I am shopping. So.. once again... we will see next time. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts