Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about the Cross-traffic monitor system. Does it only detect moving objects when in reverse, or will it alert you when you get too close to a stationary object ? I have yet to hear mine when backing up in the driveway and get close to trash cans..trees,etc. 馃

The. Admin. Istrator.
CTM only activates when in reverse / when traffic is observable / passes by.

Doesnt work on stationary objects. Thats the job for the parking sensors.

Super Moderator - How may I help?
Doesnt work on stationary objects. Thats the job for the parking sensors.
Parking Sensors ?? How is that activated ?
[/QUOTE]
Parking sensors are not available on NON Hybrid CR-Vs in the US.

Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
Question about the Cross-traffic monitor system. Does it only detect moving objects when in reverse, or will it alert you when you get too close to a stationary object ? I have yet to hear mine when backing up in the driveway and get close to trash cans..trees,etc. 馃
backup sensors (if installed) will beep louder when your are backing up to a stationary item.

cross warning is when in reverse and the camera sees motion coming & will do an audible alert and flash on the screen

The. Admin. Istrator.
WHAT?!!!

No parking sensors on petrol CR-V's in the US?

I am aghast!!!

They are honda oem accessories
Yes, this is true....but they are useless according to some who have had them installed and reported back here. The beep sound is only from the rear of the car, so hard to hear, and there is no visual on the infotainment screen as with factory installed parking sensors. Basically a waste of money, IMHO.

I thought Honda would include them with the mid cycle updated 2020 CRVs. Guess they wanted to keep them exclusive to the Hybrid Touring model.

Reactions: Skiatl

Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
I thought Honda would include them with the mid cycle updated 2020 CRVs. Guess they wanted to keep them exclusive to the Hybrid Touring model.
I expect they will become more common in different trims on different Honda models as the next generations are released. It would be in step with Honda continuing to add more safety features in their vehicles.

It is also in keeping with the Honda practice of first adding new features to top trim levels.

Personally, I keep tabs on what Honda does in their Acura line of vehicles. Very often what is incorporated initially in the Acura models eventually migrates to Honda models within 2-4 years. So.. in this regard.. Acura owners are the beta testers and also pay for the higher up front costs to produce and incorporate into a model. And Honda owners get the longer term benefits of the premium features and pricing in the Acura line. Not unlike what some other companies also do with thier premium brands.

I expect they will become more common in different trims on different Honda models as the next generations are released. It would be in step with Honda continuing to add more safety features in their vehicles.

It is also in keeping with the Honda practice of first adding new features to top trim levels.

Personally, I keep tabs on what Honda does in their Acura line of vehicles. Very often what is incorporated initially in the Acura models eventually migrates to Honda models within 2-4 years. So.. in this regard.. Acura owners are the beta testers and also pay for the higher up front costs to produce and incorporate into a model. And Honda owners get the longer term benefits of the premium features and pricing in the Acura line. Not unlike what some other companies also do with thier premium brands.
I agree,and I own a 19 Acura RDX. LOL

I am particularly amused that Honda did not add the parking sensors to the 2020 mid cycle refresh. We previously owned a '14 and then a '15 Ford Escape, and both of these vehicles had the parking sensors, and the hands free, kick to open/close tailgate. I think Honda is late to the party on many of these things as they feel they don't have to offer them. Case in point, we bought a 2018, and then a 2020 CR-V Touring KNOWING neither one included the parking sensors.... which we would have desired. My wife has commented that she misses it from the 15 Escape we traded in on the 2020 CR-V.

There is no question that the CR-V is a better product than the current Escape...We didn't feel that way when we comparison shopped (almost all competing vehicles) for the 14 Escape, then we actually traded in a '14 CR-V for the 15 Escape. The 5th Gen CR-V is miles above any of our previous vehicles, the current RDX excluded. LOL

Registered
I was disappointed when we bought our 2020 touring that there were no parking sensors. I have thought about adding them, but one of the responders to this thread says the add-on sensors have disappointed folks who have purchased them. They would really help us when parking in our crowded garage, oh well. Based on those previous comments about them, I will not pay extra to have them installed.

Super Moderator
I was disappointed when we bought our 2020 touring that there were no parking sensors. I have thought about adding them, but one of the responders to this thread says the add-on sensors have disappointed folks who have purchased them. They would really help us when parking in our crowded garage, oh well. Based on those previous comments about them, I will not pay extra to have them installed.
I use the low tech approach for garage parking ---> Hang a tennis ball on a string from the garage roof exactly where the drivers eyes, and windshield surface should line up on properly placed vehicle. When the tennis balls is center to the eyes and just touches the windshield... perfect park position. I have done this for years for my wife who is a bit in the "parking challenged" category of drivers... and she has never bumped or knocked into anything in the garage, and the tail of her Accord is always placed perfectly with respect to the garage door closing. The only downside is when she gets a new vehicle I have to re adjust the tennis ball. :)

I have parked a friends Audi A4 in my garage with the parking sensors in the front end and it drove me nuts trying to monitor the display while listening to all the beeping. No thanks. I'll stick with the tennis ball. :p

For backing out of the garage, or into a parking space, the rear camera with it's indicator lines works fine on our Hondas... so no need for rear sensors in my view.

The. Admin. Istrator.
So weird.

In the UK, all but the base/entry level CR-V come with parking sensors as standard.

Super Moderator
So weird.

In the UK, all but the base/entry level CR-V come with parking sensors as standard.
Which totally makes sense in the UK... given how small the parking spaces generally are. :)

When I used to take trips to Cambridge on business, I was always amazed to see how well local drivers park in some pretty small spaces, even backing in routinely as well. Around here where I live, drivers are pretty sloppy at parking, and really don't seem to care. So I can see why the feature would be standard on many vehicles... though in reality I think UK drivers are generally adept and precise in their vehicle handling.. and it is really sloppy US drivers that would benefit more from the feature. :p

The. Admin. Istrator.
You need to see the parking here now.

Anywhere in fact. Its atrocious. And I thought central Paris was bad with legions of vehicles touching bumper-to-bumper. No need for sensors there!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts