Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello people; I havn't been driving my new to me V but going home late afternoon yesterday there where some real srong ones here in Mass. I was wondering how do you think the V takes them? I've been driving a 94 Astro van for years and it does suck. It's like driving a box around so it can't be helped.
IBBY

·
Registered
460 Posts
The 04 RAV4 that my mother has does pretty good in the wind it is a pretty light weight and small CUV. Not very fuel efficient though 21-23 MPG (FWD) vs CRV 25-27 MPG(AWD)

The CRV on the other hand... it is somewhat challenging but not anything nerve racking. I blame the electric power steering due to it being on the light side so when the CRV sways, you can feel it through the steering wheel easily so you end up correcting back and forth. I also wonder how it would do with better tires, and some weight in the trunk. I remember when the CRV was brand new and the power steering caused the CRV steering wheel to sway back and forth like crosswinds and adding weight to the trunk made it better. I am use to the way it drives now and doesn't bother me too much.

You know it is windy day if you wait in the parking lot to pick someone up and your CRV ends up rocking back and forth every time the wind blew.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I don't worry about $hit like that. It is what it is......

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hello people; To Rickman I don't worry about it either but I wanted to hear some opinions. Funny in a recent news show they showed these large trucks crossing a bridge and it was so windy it blew them over. That must of brought a bit of worry. But it'e weird in bad weather you get some drivers that drive like it's a breeze and others that have such a grip on the steering wheel there hands would go numb.
have fun
IBBY

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.