Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else had any issues with cruise control not being able to maintain a set speed under certain conditions? It's always done it from time to time but usually only going down slight inclines but it's recently started doing it on flat ground with cruise set at 65. The speed will drop to 64, it'll rev up and get up it to 65-66 then let off, drop to 64, speed up again, and back and forth bouncing back and forth between ~1700rpm and ~2100rpm. Almost like it's gear hunting but there aren't any gears and I'm going to guess this is around the boost threshold too because it's pretty noticeable. (18 Touring AWD with a little over 28k miles).

Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
On inclines and declines sometimes it will adjust one or to mph.
I think its more for the cvt/engine and computer working together to make sure u arent on a super steep incline and having to adjust too drastic to quickly

Registered
This is very common with the ACC on the CRV. Turning off ACC and setting it again usually fixes it.

The worst is when you set it and then press down to slow it down a MPH or two. It seems like the computer gets stuck between MPH and goes up and down as you said.

Registered
Loook around on the forum. There is a TSB that relates to this. I can't remember the number, but I think it is 064. I had it happen to me sometime ago and the TSB fixed the problem.

Registered
Loook around on the forum. There is a TSB that relates to this. I can't remember the number, but I think it is 064. I had it happen to me sometime ago and the TSB fixed the problem.
Yep, TSB 17-064
The millimeter wave radar is improperly calibrated

Registered
I'd be willing to bet there wouldn't be any cruise control threads if the V speedo was a needle instead of inch tall numbers.;)

Reactions: GPopp

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is very common with the ACC on the CRV. Turning off ACC and setting it again usually fixes it.

The worst is when you set it and then press down to slow it down a MPH or two. It seems like the computer gets stuck between MPH and goes up and down as you said.
Yep, TSB 17-064
The millimeter wave radar is improperly calibrated
I saw some TSBs but didn't think it would be the ACC/radar since there's nothing in front of me slowing me down and it's not detecting anything per the display and no warning lights on, just bouncing around on an empty, flat highway and only at that specific speed. I'll try resetting cruise on the way home today to see if that helps.

I'd be willing to bet there wouldn't be any cruise control threads if the V speedo was a needle instead of inch tall numbers.;)
This is bad enough I'd still notice. I don't spend much time looking at the cluster with cruise set and the surging is what triggers me to look down.

Registered
Hum.......surging? Not on our V.?鈥嶁檪

1 - 8 of 8 Posts