Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 crv LX ...owned for one month 1k miles...cruise set at 65 on flat road and after a few miles cc disengaged on its on. Cruise main stayed illuminated on dash. Could not reingage cc nor turn cruise main off..all cruise functions froze. Tryed turning cruise main off periodcly and set button too...nothing. Turned car off restarted, no help. After approx. 20 minutes cc functions returned Worked fine for a time, Until today. Easing along at 45 mph thru town the crv started excelerating on its own. It was gradual and I pressed the brake and it quit accelerating. I thought maybe it was something I'd done or? No .. A few miles later,on open road I set the cruise at 63mph. That worked for about 5 miles and then it decelerated to 40mph then up to 70 back to 40 settled at 63 briefly then cc main light and engaged light went out on dash and she coasted back down until I pulled into a store. After leaving store cc worked as should for the rest of the ride home. I'll try to get a video with my phone but the Concern is random. No CEL...Carrying it to dealership without a video would be fruitless as I would expect them to "not" be able to replicate the concern. Anyone else seen this?

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,671 Posts
Have you experienced this issue again?
@Dream Power If you go to any automotive forum, you will find owners posting with issues. When you see a lot of posts from different posters with similar issues, that is when you can start thinking about that issue being (perhaps) something to consider before buying that model.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The ACC feature of the Cruise Control is linked to a radar unit behind a small plastic shield on the front bumper directly under the big Honda H. Not sure if that ACC feature comes on the '19 LX, but if the radar unit gets obstructed (i.e.: dirty bumper) the cruise control will shut off while driving. Normally when that happens you get a big warning message on the dash. Or you could have a malfunctioning radar unit. If you have no radar unit, or no ACC feature on the LX, I'm clueless as to what else it could be.

·
Registered
538 Posts
@Dream Power If you go to any automotive forum, you will find owners posting with issues. When you see a lot of posts from different posters with similar issues, that is when you can start thinking about that issue being (perhaps) something to consider before buying that model.
I sure don't understand your post based on Dream Powers statement.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's at the dealership now. The tech thinks it's a bad main switch. Parts ordered last week and should have been installed yesterday. Was going to drive it some to make sure it is fixed. Took about 15 miles before it kicked out on way to dealership. All functions were frozen the remainder of the commute. LX doesn't have ACC feature. I'll post the outcome

·
3,671 Posts
I sure don't understand your post based on Dream Powers statement.
IF I am not mistaken, (which I could be) Cream Power posted in another thread the he was considering purchasing a CR-V LX and came to this forum to see if issues posted here were enough to push him away from that purchase. I was pointing out (apparently not clearly enough) that if one sees one post about an issue (in this case a cruise control issue) that doesn't mean it is widespread.

·
Registered
9 Posts
JB in AZ, I tend to think I can navigate my way through posts on automotive forums. I simply asked OP if the issue occurred again. Even if it has reoccurred, I’m not jumping to any conclusions.

·
3,671 Posts
JB in AZ, I tend to think I can navigate my way through posts on automotive forums. I simply asked OP if the issue occurred again. Even if it has reoccurred, I’m not jumping to any conclusions.
Fair enough.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dealership replaced cruise control switch on steering wheel and test drove it 37 miles. It's was taken care of as was I in the most professional way.Very Satisfied customer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts