Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have a 2002 Honda CR-V with 274,000 miles and still running strong but i’ve been neglecting some little things and am wanting to get her in tip top shape! first on my list is my cruise control i’ll be going on an 8 hour drive in about a month for vacation and family wants to take the crv which i’m excited about BUT definitely would like to have cruise control for the drive so anyway I have no clue where to even start because when i press the cruise control button on the left it doesn’t light up and no light shows up on the dash but surely it can’t be as simple as just that button so was wondering if anyone had any ideas!! thankyou lots

have checked the brakes to make sure they’re not constantly pressed checked fuses no issue and unplugged the connector to the actuator and cleaned it but no dice any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Gen: EX 1.5T
112 Posts
Hi, on my car, I had trouble trying to engage the cruise control when I first got it. I was not keeping the button pressed for the 2seconds needed. Not saying this is your problem but it messed me about as I was used to one quick press on my previous car....just a thought

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Check the trailer plug if equipped. Mine was corroded and excited the brake light cirquit enough to prevent the CC from engaging.

Reactions: Carbuff2

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,932 Posts
On our USA '06 (with electric throttle, not a direct cable, so might be different regards the CC), the dash switch lights immediately, no 2-second press required. Then, pressing SET on the steering wheel engages the CC at whatever speed you are traveling. At that time, the indicator on the dash lights up.

·
Registered
2007 CRV AWD
847 Posts
Auto or manual transmission?
Check fuse 4 in under dash fuse box 10 amps
Check schematic
Check grounds

Go to Gen 2 forum and check out the sticky thread for download of service manual
Download Engine Electrical. Go to cruise control and look at schematic.
Download Body electrical. Locate where info is for ground locations

·
Registered
177 Posts
My '02 the cruise lights on when the cruise button is pressed and turns green indication. So as other mentioned you need to find the schematics and trace the wiring to find if any wiring faults otherwise were chasing loose ends on here. Otherwise your left with taking to a shop to have them check the wiring to see if there is a fault. CC needs a schematics to trace out all possible problems. If your cruise button is not working or CC actuator in the engine bay is not working can also be a issue.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,662 Posts
Not sure about the 02 CR-V but my 2007 Accord had a similar issue and the problem was the clockspring ("cable reel") in the steering wheel.
This is how they got the connections to the wheel buttons. Replacing it solved the matter.

·
Registered
2003 CR-V EX AWD
8 Posts
The bulb in the cruise master switch (on the left dash) can go out too, but that won't stop the cruise control from functioning. The gauge cluster cruise light only comes on when you "set" the cruise (over 30 MPH).

Reactions: Carbuff2
1 - 8 of 8 Posts