Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to totally shut off the "follow too close" feature of the cruise control? I think it's a great feature and if everyone in the world used the suggested vehicle distances there would likely be no accidents I'm sure. But, where we drive so many people cut in and out that the car is always backing itself off, I can't stand it, I end up not using the cruise at all.

I also find that when I hit the "set" button, the vehicle slows by about 5-10km and then goes back up to the set speed. This is a pain when I jump out into the passing lane and hit the cruise, then it slows down and by the time it climbs back up, other vehicles are on my rear end wondering why I came out in the passing lane only to slow down, I know that's what I would be thinking. Thanks for any suggestions, Jason.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm assuming that you are talking about the 2015/16 model? I hear ya on these. I live in an area with a lot of inconsiderate drivers and find that people cut in front and the vehicle hits the brakes.

The follow distance can be adjusted with the button on the steering wheel right. (you could shorten it to a lesser distance, if desired) If you are in USA and it still says KM (as mine did by default), you can change that over to imperial settings in the menu.

When accelerating and hitting set, I keep my foot on the gas pedal/maintain speed until the motor "catches up" to match the speed applied by my foot. It takes a few seconds for it to gradually apply, when you turn the system on. Then it will take over from there. I think this gradual increase is intentional, so the vehicle doesnt "floor it" when someone is resuming speed.

Hope that is helpful

·
Registered
262 Posts
Press and hold the "ACC" button (the button to the right of the CANCEL button on the right side of the steering wheel) to toggle between Adaptive Cruise Control and "non-Adaptive" Cruise Control modes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts