Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.

Oil was changed few months ago with filter and since then less than 1000 miles has been done. I checked oil and is over the second dot on the stick.

Also I know when oil is on low level light is amber light not flashing. It maybe when flashing to signal that oil need change as this was not reset from the mechanic?

I have followed instruction from you tube on how to reset cluster but my model or the UKs and I understand the Australian models does not have the oil option to reset too.

The procedure I made was base on a youtube video as below:

Key on 2nd set, cluster on
Holding for 10 second the reset bottom.
On the display only appear cancel and temperature. If twisted to the left or right the bottom I can only jump into the temperature option. No oil available

Can Anyone knows how to reset these model?

I`m worried if could be a pressure or sensor issue

Thanks

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,181 Posts
AFAIK there is no 'Low Oil Level' sensor in ANY gasoline CR-V...just Low Oil PRESSURE. Is it petrol or diesel?

But your features might be different so I'm moving the question to the UK area.

·
Registered
591 Posts
@Giannir
Hello,

There is no service / oil reset system on you year CRV in the UK.
Note: It would help all forum members advising you if you filled in your profile with your engine details, model specification and year.

On the early 2.2 i-ctdi engine the oil pump drive chain has been known to snap, this may not be your problem it could be the oil pressure sensor.

You need to check your engine oil pressure with an external gauge connected into the oil pressure gallery.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Giannir
Hello,

Note: It would help all forum members advising you if you filled in your profile with your engine details, model specification and year.

On the early 2.2 i-ctdi engine the oil pump drive chain has been known to snap, this may not be your problem it could be the oil pressure sensor.

You need to check your engine oil pressure with an external gauge connected into the oil pressure gallery.
Hi. If snapped the drive chain, I should get the red light with absolutely no pressure or the amber flashing mean the same?

Can you rougly tell me which side and if accessible from top or bottom I will find the pressure gallery which I assume is the same spot as per pressure sensor. Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well. Manual just say stop the car and get mechanic to fix it. No very useful would say.
@Giannir
Hello,

Mechanic check it removing oil cup and plenty of oil splashed out.

He reckon sensor may have packed but they are fully booked for the next 2 week.

Can anyone point me to the right sensor to but and will get it replaced myself.

Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Everyone.

Got oil light flashing with plenty of oil and oil splashing out from the cap when engine is on. Mechanic believe is the sensor gone wrong. As they are fully booked for the next 2 week. I will get it sorted myslef. Only thing is before starting removing wheel etc etc I`m struggling to understand what the right sensor as tying it on google comes out 2 different model. Please see below

or

https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/fae/2494810

Very confusing. Hope someone have a clue on this

Thanks

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,179 Posts
Merged threads as it covers the same issue(s).

That might help with your sensor search.

You can also contact Cox Motor Parts who can probably give you some advice too :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
On the link that I sent you, look at the bottom left of the page and you will see the letters "FR" which stands for front of car - So if you look at your engine the sensor switch is on the bottom front of the cylinder block.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I must have a very lucky guy. I haven't`t even touch very hard with the socket and then snapped inside.

Any idea how I can remove the thread from the engine block now?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Attempting to remove oil pressure sensor this has snapped inside the crank. Got car to garage and this has been my mistake. Cow boy may have tried to remove it with hammer and chisel instead of proper extractor. They end up saying bolt is stuck and we do not have time to carry on. Got back my car and found out they also may have tried to drill through and hopefully did not touch the crank itself.

I have tried with crack freeze and proper multispline extractor ( purchased for this job) but nothing and I`m worried that i`m starting biting into the crank.

As worst case scenario I may need to drill a 8mm hole and thrread again. I guess should be M9x1mm but I`m not sure how far I can drill. The sensor is 9mm and would be good to know if someone has worked with a crankshaft similar to that if driling a bit far away will hit something else or it just a long thread?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hello,

The oil pressure sensor goes into the oil gallery and not into the crankshaft.

Your biggest problem is getting it out of the gallery without doing further damage and debris going into the oil system and causing even further damage.

You really need a skilled person who can apply a little bit of local heat and use easy-out taps to help with removal.

If you end up having to drill the remains of the old sensor out, make sure they use some heavy-duty grease on the drill bit end to capture the bits of mental – Also the use of an industrial vacuum would also be advantageous.

If you do end up damaging or enlarging the original oil sensor hole all is not lost – You can buy oversize adaptors to fit your new sensor – Not sure but think the original size is 10mm fine tapered thread. You would need to check this on a new sensor.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello,

The oil pressure sensor goes into the oil gallery and not into the crankshaft.

Your biggest problem is getting it out of the gallery without doing further damage and debris going into the oil system and causing even further damage.

You really need a skilled person who can apply a little bit of local heat and use easy-out taps to help with removal.

If you end up having to drill the remains of the old sensor out, make sure they use some heavy-duty grease on the drill bit end to capture the bits of mental – Also the use of an industrial vacuum would also be advantageous.

If you do end up damaging or enlarging the original oil sensor hole all is not lost – You can buy oversize adaptors to fit your new sensor – Not sure but think the original size is 10mm fine tapered thread. You would need to check this on a new sensor.
Tried with Freeze crack and heat gun but nothing. Does not move

I may need to drill and thread in to clean it.

I measured the thread from new sensor and seems like an M10x0.9 but do not see any tap of that size. Does anyone knows the right thread for this?

Does anyone knows how is made the gallery oil. Is there any room after the sensor thread?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts