Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Community,

Recently, after raining I got water leak into the car where all carpet full of water. After remove everything to observe where the leak come from, I have notice that there is water flow start from the red cycle (passenger side) in the image below when simulate flashing water to the car.

Would you mind to help to guide me how can I find and fix the issue?

Automotive tire Trunk Car Fixture Motor vehicle

Best regards,

Veasna

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well, the doors are double sealed so I'd start there. The main rubber seal is on the door and a smaller half seal is on the body itself. Otherwise, pop the hood and make sure there are not leaves etc. piled up under the plastic trim under wipers etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the doors are double sealed so I'd start there. The main rubber seal is on the door and a smaller half seal is on the body itself. Otherwise, pop the hood and make sure there are not leaves etc. piled up under the plastic trim under wipers etc.
I do not get the point, would you mind have some graphic shown where I should start from?

Best regards,

Veasna

·
Premium Member
6,182 Posts
Look at the doors Weather seal. the Pillar. Moonroof of higher end model the drain runs through the windshield pillar., the front cowl, water can sit there start looking and figuring out your issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look at the doors Weather seal. the Pillar. Moonroof of higher end model the drain runs through the windshield pillar., the front cowl, water can sit there start looking and figuring out your issue.
I found out the issue now. The problem water remain in moonroof, cause by clogging its drain line. After cleaning that line, water no more remaining.

Let wait and see when driving under that rain again whether the problem still happen.

Thanks you so much your all of your great response. I have learn a lot from your supports.

Best regards,

Veasna

·
Registered
164 Posts
Great! Interesting that folks call it the 'moonroof', in the UK we call them 'sunroofs' although I don't for the life of me know why lol!

·
Premium Member
6,182 Posts
Call it whatever you like (Grin) but also remember the safety of it. I rather have a Metal sunroon then a glass moonroof. people will toss frozen turkeys on overpasses and yes one staff member should recall that incident

there you go why we try our best to clean the car once a week, inspect things. especially when its leaf season

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,093 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts