Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Community,

Recently, I have found water in my wheel well after raining. It strange, and I have no idea how it happen and when that water coming from. I have tried to watering by using garden water hose and observe the leak is coming from the right side if I place the water to the right side of the top rear of the car.

Do you have any idea, how to get it fixed?

Best regards,

Veasna

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
11,797 Posts
Perspective from a more distant camera angle might help us place what you are showing us.

But generically, yes, you may need to apply more seam sealer in the area circled.
Also check the seal on the taillights and wiring.
And, look closely at the corners of the tailgate opening...if the sealer there is cracked, that might be another source.

A flowable sealer (such as Permatex Flowable sealer) is great for sealing those cracks that occur from body flexing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the issue now, it is coming from the seam at the back of the car. After remove rear bumper, I can spot the leak from the water hose drip into the top rear of the car.

·
Registered
2006 CRV EX
147 Posts
I'm glad you found it! Can you show us where the leak is, maybe by pointing at it? I don't know where this water hose is and I'm confused because if you removed the bumper that is down low but you say top of car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm glad you found it! Can you show us where the leak is, maybe by pointing at it? I don't know where this water hose is and I'm confused because if you removed the bumper that is down low but you say top of car.
Sorry for my English. In fact, I want to say that I can observe the spot of leaking around seam (zone circle) by putting water hose at the top rear of the car and allow small amount of water flowing (via red line). Without removing rear bumper, we can not see that leak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts