Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just want to ask if someone of you experienced with their radio monitor didnt work after reset?

Was playing with the functions last time and I choose update. It shows updating but it takes too long and tried to go on home button but its not working even the other buttons not working. What I did is to turn the engine off but nothing happens the monitor still on showing updating so I pressed on the reset button and it turned off. And thats where the problem came, I cant turn the radio on. When i press on the reset again the radio turned on but turned off after around 5secs.

Hooe you can help me guys.. thank you

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,724 Posts
Your head unit sounds different (and more sophisticated) than what we got in North America on a 2003. (Hopefully it isn't an aftermarket unit with different controls)

Show us a picture of your radio?

Just as a guess: Disconnect the battery GROUND ( - ) cable for 10 minutes, as in a 'cold boot'. You might need to input a security code after that.

Good luck, and post back with results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi there..thanks for the reply..I did what you suggested but still didnt work. The function buttons also wont work, it doesnt turn on when you press the power button. When you press reset it turns on but after 3secs it again turns off.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,724 Posts
Sorry, not familiar with that HU. That looks much newer than what was available in 2003.
Your HVAC controls are different from ours, too.

Your white highlighter obscured the brand of the HU. Perhaps, contact the manufacturer (or use Google)?

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
448 Posts
i have to ask what is the white around the radio,is that edited,disconnecting the power and memory power to the radio for a minute maybe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there. The white thing is ust a reflection of the camera flash. Yeah maybe ill just try to check the brand and search on google. Thank you very much guys for the reply. Be getting to you soon for any updates.

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
448 Posts
I put a similar looking radio in the old 2003 that I purchased off ebay that was a double din with screen and dvd/cd and bluetooth and GPS and backup camera,it ran on windows CE I think and that radio was full of glitches including FM sensitivity was low on receive and I had to do a reset with a pin in a hole sometimes to get it working again,the android version was probably better but $50 more

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Ever notice how, when running updates on a Windows computer, it always says "Do not turn your computer off!" That's because if you interrupt the process it will toast the entire hard drive, and you will lose all your data and have to start over. The same thing happens when you interrupt a BIOS update, except that now it toasts the motherboard. Well, it sounds to me like you just did exactly that with your head unit. The problem is the data is stored on the main board on an EEPROM or similar chip, which can be updated using a process similar to a firmware update. Interrupting it might possibly kill the chip, and that cannot be repaired. I hope that is not the case here, but it sounds like it could be. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts