Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I'm and frv'r but have to get advice and tips from civic and CRV forums. I have this issue and rather than butchering the existing sensor, I have opted to replace with a sensor from a civic. I am aware it requires set up but hopefully this won't prove too difficult. Famous last words.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone ......I am suffering from the tps fault code syndrome ....has anyone found a viable fix for this issue .....I changed the tps and body (Honda part) buy occasionally the car will trip into limp mode ....I reset the ECU using HDS and manage to get 500 miles untill the next trip ...... ......I have checked harneses etc ...cleaned contacts both connector and ECU with interdental brushes and isoprol ......now driving me crazy ......seems to happen more when car is warmer ........I have a theory that dirty throttle and egr could be adding to the issue and causing false data for the ECU ? Any help ot ideas would be great .....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone ......I am suffering from the tps fault code syndrome ....has anyone found a viable fix for this issue .....I changed the tps and body (Honda part) buy occasionally the car will trip into limp mode ....I reset the ECU using HDS and manage to get 500 miles untill the next trip ...... ......I have checked harneses etc ...cleaned contacts both connector and ECU with interdental brushes and isoprol ......now driving me crazy ......seems to happen more when car is warmer ........I have a theory that dirty throttle and egr could be adding to the issue and causing false data for the ECU ? Any help ot ideas would be great .....
I'm going to replace the TPS sensor tonight/tomorrow. My wife has 400 miles to do on Thursday, so will let you know if this fix has been successful! I was going to try the cheap fix, but I think the best thing is to replace with new as long as I set the replacement sensor up correctly!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So. Just carried out the sensor clean job as per the great instructions. Not much dirt or oil but managed to get a cotton bud fairly black. Used egr cleaner as I lost my contact cleaner and all put back together ok. Used a glue gun to reseal and seems to be fine. All done in an hour from first nut off to cable back on. Test drove put through various scenarios on empty roads, acceleration, acceleration with left hand corner wheel spin. Hard round a roundabout, elk test, sudden braking and land change whilst both braking and acceleration and fingers crossed all is fine. The test will be when my wife does her long drive but hoping the vsa light/stall/engine light/limp mode is now cured. Shame now that I bought a new sensor, I just didn't fancy calibrating it.
DSC_0999.JPG DSC_0993.JPG DSC_0999.JPG DSC_0994.JPG DSC_0999.JPG DSC_0993.JPG DSC_0994.JPG DSC_0991.JPG DSC_0999.JPG DSC_0993.JPG DSC_0994.JPG DSC_0991.JPG DSC_0990.JPG

21 - 24 of 24 Posts