Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a UK CRV diesel Sport (2.2 engine), its done abou 100k miles. last months engine light comes on and goes into limp mode intermitantly and usually just when starting.
Anyway I bought a point blue micro scan code reader and it is showing P2127, P2138, P1248 faults. When I clear them and the first one back is usually P2127. That is faulty APP. I believe the APP to be the bit where the accelerator cable gets turned into a voltage and is mounted at the back of the engine bay under a plastic cover. So I have swapped the APP for another one. Still getting the same codes!
I have also cleaned all the sensor contacts with cleaner spray and also done that to the ECU under the glove box.
Now what??? Don't really want to go to dealers I might aswell just give them the car.

Would it be worth swapping the throttle body, that has another sensor on it? Any other ideas? Before I completely fall out with this otherwise fine car....
cheers webster

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Try unplugging and re-plugging the connector on the apps a few times to clean the connectors. Make sure it is going back completely into the socket and locking in. Check the plug at the locking points to make sure there is no play or wear or damage. Check all the male and female contacts for corrosion (you will need a light and a magnifying glass and you may have to unbolt the apps again). 7 out of 10 of these are poor (ground) connections. Also check your battery connections (ground for sure) and your battery voltage just after the code comes in. Low batt voltage can really screw these cars over. Did the new apps have any instructions about calibrating it, or any instructions for "relearning"? If not the dealer may have to reprogram the PCM for the new unit.
In the mean time you may be able to get out of limp mode by stopping and restarting the motor or lifting a batt cable. (Must have radio security code).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unplugging and replugging into APPS - good idea, will try that in the morning.
The problem is intermittent and I can get out of limp mode by using my code reader to delete the codes, but its a pain.
Anyway thanks for idea, webster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts