Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 cdti was running great bought a service kit from honda i changed the diesel filter now car starts for a few seconds then cuts out. I have bled the system by fitting on the feed pipe from the bulb & priming until bulb went hard and leaving the fuel pump hose off untill diesel flowed from it still no joy hope someone can help.
`Thanks in advance Keith

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have never done this job but if you go to 'you tube'.In search insert Honda CRV cdti 07,Eric the car guy how to change
the fuel filter.You will then see a video of what you have done and you can work out where you went wrong if the fuel pump
has not decided to pack up.'you tube' is the richest source of knowledge on a honda you will find anywhere,if not for crv
civic or accord both can have the same engine and element.Chris fix is another good source.I've got an 09,a haynes manual 02-06 and a disc from ebay 07-11 but is the 2.4 auto USA.you can get a haines here but only half a book even tho'
these are old cars they don'twant you to havethe information even after craming everything into the smallest space so you can't get your hand in.Good Luck.

·
Registered
120 Posts
According to my crv 02-06 book the cut off switch is behind the main glove box (one with lock) you unclip the retaining arms
and it will come further forward,you should be ableto see switch,should have some sort of note about press button to reset.It also said some models do not have a cut-off swich.Now I see you are looking for the cam position sensor,I don't see this unless you have reason to believe the cam chain is going and making a noise.Are you sure there is diesel in the
tank and the cap is closed.You can also clear faults by switching ignition on and off 3 times with a time delay in between.
There is also a fuel rail pressure sensor that is in the LH end of the fuel rail.Good Luck.don't rush or jump to a wrong decision.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I know when I worked on diesel trucks and a marine diesel engines the complete fuel system needed to make sure was bleed of all air
I am not familiar with the procedure you used, but go back over area you were in and double check nothing else was disconnected or damaged. Of course this is assuming it ran fine before and you weren't changing filter for this same reason.
This have an injector pump?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your replies all sorted now.
Redid everything bled the system what had happened was the maf wire had got behind another wire and so was unplugged, plugged it in and started up no problem.
Last car ran ok with no maf until i got a new one
Nightmare of a job getting the filter off.
thanks for the help

·
Registered
120 Posts
More Haste less speed,get yourself a code reader on ebay a Maxiscan MS309 for £8.99 you will not be sorry,even if it gives
you 3 codes it will point you in the right direction.Welcome to the world of Honda fault finding.Still well done! and Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
More Haste less speed,get yourself a code reader on ebay a Maxiscan MS309 for £8.99 you will not be sorry,even if it gives
you 3 codes it will point you in the right direction.Welcome to the world of Honda fault finding.Still well done! and Good Luck.
Now that you bring that up, I don't remember any codes (light on) being mentioned. He may not have noticed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts