Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my rear windshield repaired after I accidentally broke it. My insurance sent a company to come to my place and replace it, but there are some pieces trapped that are rattling inside the lower hatch door. The technician that did the repair said that they don't have hoses that thin to reach those areas and that eventually they'll come out through the holes at the bottom of the door. But that's not happening. I'm considering taking it to a body shop or somewhere where they can open it and get those pieces out, it drives me nuts every time I open and close that door.
Where do you think I should take it? Is a body shop a good choice or is there a more specialized place I should take it? I don't need specific places (unless you know some in the Los Angeles area) just the type of shop you recommend.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Stealership should be able to do it and have the tools. However, they will overcharge for the opportunity to get into your wallet and may even find something that needs repairing that' not currently broke.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,808 Posts
A corner repair shop should be able to give you a quote on removing the plastic inner panel and vacuuming the glass out of the inner door. But yeah, a body shop can do it too. Get estimates.

Be prepared to pay for a few broken clips. (One advantage to the dealer is that they probably have replacements on hand.)

You could even DIY. Here's a video from a 2011, the basic procedure is probably the same. (You might get away with just removing the grab handle and prying the bottom of the plastic away...)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIoL4xRY9c0" target="_blank">

1 - 3 of 3 Posts