Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, I'm new to the forum, hopefully find some answers about my CRV 2012. Last month my battery died without a reason. I purchased a new battery last July and did not make sense. I was able to get a new battery and once I installed the new battery I noticed the screen never turns off or goes to sleep after I locked the car. The screen keeps on and thats what is draining the battery. Anyone has an issue like that? My mechanic is not able to find the issue, he already checked the computer and sensors and all looks normal. I will appreciate any feedback. Thank YOu

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I don't know which screen you're talking about.

A car battery will last from 3-5 years. I replaced the battery in my 2014 CR-V last year.

Is this the first time you had to replace the battery in your 2012?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,199 Posts
Sometimes a LOW VOLTAGE will corrupt the control logic on electronic devices.

So, since you have had recurring battery issues, it would be wise to:

1. Reinitialize the electronics by disconnecting the ground cable for 15 - 30 minutes...then before reconnecting it, touch the + and - cables together for 10 seconds to dissipate any residual energy. Hopefully that will reset everything.

2. If Step 1 doesn't work, you will need to see if your car has developed a parasitic voltage drain. Here's a video explaining how to find it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts