Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've recently purchased a 2013 CRV 2 liter petrol 2 wheel drive version. It's got 84k on the clock full honda service history. Anyway I've got a slight problem with the clutch juddering when setting off especially when cold. After abit of driving it seems to be much less juddering. Clutch pedal seems nice and light. Thanks for your help in advance.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Moving to Gen 4 Section.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I've recently purchased a 2013 CRV 2 liter petrol 2 wheel drive version. It's got 84k on the clock full honda service history. Anyway I've got a slight problem with the clutch juddering when setting off especially when cold. After abit of driving it seems to be much less juddering. Clutch pedal seems nice and light. Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi same problem here (CRV 2014 2.0 petrol MT). I do not see any further reactions on your post; did you find out what it was or is ? My dealer says - in my case - it’s not the clutch but the motor; I should simply give slight more rpms while setting off. (English is not my native language, I presume you mean driving away in 1st shift from zero..). I have difficulties to believe that’s the reason: In the 38 years that I drove Honda automobiles never I experienced this.. Next service I will request a check if there is zero oil leakage around the clutch plates.. I can imagine that there is even the smallest drop of oil on the plates, this problem could appear.. I would describe it as “rhythmically snapping” while the clutch pedal coming up. (Google translated sorry). If anyone has advice please reply thanks very much !

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,650 Posts
I had the 2.0 4th Gen but it was an Auto, so I cant compare exactly.

But the clutch judder would indicate either the slave cylinder is primed to go or there is a fluid leak.

Best thing would be to get it on a ramp and have a look underneath for possible leaks. As to the slave cylinder, well, I'm sure you know that thats not a quick strip/check job!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the 2.0 4th Gen but it was an Auto, so I cant compare exactly.

But the clutch judder would indicate either the slave cylinder is primed to go or there is a fluid leak.

Best thing would be to get it on a ramp and have a look underneath for possible leaks. As to the slave cylinder, well, I'm sure you know that thats not a quick strip/check job!
Thanks, quite a difference yes AT or - as in my case MT / clutch :)
The clutch itself is working perfectly for the rest. And the problem exists the most while driving away in cold conditions. And...... not always 🙈.
I cannot find a lot about this issue: The 4th gen in MT version is not sold a lot compared with the AT’s of course.. . But I see some complaints there also while driving away in low rpm.. I wonder.. Also the only thing I could find is a possible problem with the dual mass flywheel ??. Hope to find it out before the warranty (HQP) expires...

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,650 Posts
It could be the DMF, but from wider reading, its more of an issue on diesel's, not petrols, due to the higher torque band going through them.

If you have warranty, I would give the headache to your dealer and let them fix it.

Reactions: jjm.smits

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi I've just learned to live with it. I drove my friends CRV of a similar age, it also had a similar clutch issue. I guess it's just a trait of the model. Only really noticeable when it's cold.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi I've just learned to live with it. I drove my friends CRV of a similar age, it also had a similar clutch issue. I guess it's just a trait of the model. Only really noticeable when it's cold.

My Honda dealer says that it is caused by condensation on the clutch surface. My 1.6 diesel also does this and it goes away after a few minutes. You might try pulling away with minimal revs at first I have found that this helps. I was very surprised to find this on a Honda, no other car I have ever driven has had this "feature".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts