Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was hoping if anyone on this forum can please give me advice. I just had my 1st service(15,000). Since this service my CRV feels like it has lost power/acceleration.

I phoned the Honda dealership who performed the service and they said that because they connected their diagnostics tool to the car's computer, the car will eventually get to the same level of performance as before as the car needs to learn itself again? Sounds strange but possible?

Is this true anyone?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, no I do not have the econ mode on and I know how my car drove prior to the service. Since posting here, I have done some google engineering and saw plenty of sites mentioning sluggish performance post a ecu flash. But thanks for your views.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thats really odd but possible

Connecting the dia tool should not re-flash the ECU, that would mean there was a change in the firmware some where.

Was there a Check engine light? why would they need to do that for an oil/filter and diff fluid change?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hthey said that because they connected their diagnostics tool to the car's computer, the car will eventually get to the same level of performance as before as the car needs to learn itself again? Sounds strange but possible?

Is this true anyone?

Yes, it is true to a point. Give your CRV few weeks, the car will learn your driving habit and will perform a bit better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts