Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's CRV EX has an HDMI port in the center arm rest console. What kind of device has an HDMI port and where does the image display?

·
Registered
141 Posts
My wife's CRV EX has an HDMI port in the center arm rest console. What kind of device has an HDMI port and where does the image display?
Let’s start with where the image displays. It displays on the infotainment screen. All you have to do is select “HDMI” from the Source menu.
However, the HDMI port is disabled by default when you put the car in gear. You can get around that with a couple of steps detailed on this other thread: http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/20-mobile-electronics/69074-2015-honda-cr-v-hdmi.html

A lot of devices have HDMI out. Certain smartphones, tablets, and laptops have them. You just need the correct cable to utilize it.

TBH, the practicality of this HDMI port eludes me. The screen is small (relative to tablets and laptops) and is very low-res with washed out colors and poor contrast.
It makes no sense to me to output from a tablet or laptop because the screen is inferior in both size and quality to any laptop or tablet.
Mirroring your phone’s screen may make sense to you. But I honestly think there’s too many sacrifices to be made.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, if you have a screen, you could hook up a splitter and attach a bunch of security equipment. You could also attach a splitter and get input for two laptops (or tvs).

·
Registered
182 Posts
The primary use for the HDMI port is to use the Honda Link Navigation App. It is the only app that is designed to use while the vehicle is in motion (though there are other workarounds to bypass the restriction).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts