Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CRV 2017 had has numerous battery issues. I had to have battery jumped 2x and eventually purchase a new battery, It usually happens after car has been parked for awhile or overnight. Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks

Vee Lew

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,798 Posts
On the '17s there is a TSB that indicates a voltage drain from the VSA system can occur when the parking brake is set.

SEARCH the stickies at the top of the 2017+ section here, for the TSB number.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to hear about the battery drain. FYI - might get more responses if you move this to a more fitting section of the forum. Good luck with the troubleshooting!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My CRV 2017 had has numerous battery issues. I had to have battery jumped 2x and eventually purchase a new battery, It usually happens after car has been parked for awhile or overnight. Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks

Vee Lew
Hi, Have you figured out your battery issue? I am facing the same issue right now.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Moving to Gen 5 section. No vehicle-related posts allowed in this section.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,024 Posts
Due to the Crises and again you allow a car to sit. It will drain, how long on the 90 minute bat. not sure, if the shop replces the bat and looking for answers why here, many are going to chime in. and offer a lot of on-line info, sounds like they shoulld start giving booster kits with the new cars.. or carry one in case.

·
Super Moderator
5,024 Posts
as this is now taking over the oil dilution thingy...

·
Registered
13 Posts

Vee Lew
Just had Honda put a new battery in my 2018

·
Registered
2 Posts

Vee Lew

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was told look in body control unit is not fully turning off. Even if you turn the car off that bcu still show the car to be on even if’s not.
that is the reason for this battery drain

·
Super Moderator
5,024 Posts
We have a lot of battery talk. and most these threads are repeatitive.

Reactions: williamsji

·
Registered
415 Posts
This answer will be a new one....
My solution is to stop using the AUTO on the light switch. Since then, I never get the low battery warning again.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,766 Posts

Lets stick to the newer thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.