Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

Canadian CRV owner here. I have my lease maturing in about 4 months. I leased the vehicle with the intention of buying out at the end of the lease contract. However, now that the Oil dilution problems are doing the rounds i am considering whether i should give back the vehicle while i have the opportunity and call it quits with honda.

My question - is the OD problem serious enough to warrant a return of the vehicle? I have carried out the OD TSB on my vehicle and don't see any problems as such in terms of engine performance. Do you guys think i should return the vehicle or keep it as per my original plan? I have not yet decided on any other vehicle at this point.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Approx 9900 miles on a 2017? It appears leasing works for you. I drive too many miles. If your original plan was to buy it, and you've had no issues especially with heating issues, I'd say buy it.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
4,958 Posts
keep. trade. sell. return
ALL you not us telling you

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
360 Posts
If I was in the market I'd be eager to purchase a two year old CRV with less than 10K on the odometer.
Your dealer will gladly take it back, certify it and send it back out with an even better warranty.

I wound up with a three year old Honda Certified CRV (with 14K on it).

·
Registered
271 Posts
All 2017 had the OD recall fix done whether you had the OD issue or not. I don't have the issue and that update was done. You have it for almost 2 years so by now you already know if you have or had the OD issue.

If you don't have OD or any other issue like the heat issue and you like the car then buy it otherwise return it then take a risk of leasing another CRV if you still want CRV

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts