Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've ended up on the back of a tow truck twice in the last week due to the power steering failing on my CRV. It drives fine the suffedntly the EPS warning light comes on, system check light comes on and the steering becomes impossible. Honda swindon had it for 2 days and put it down to a battery charge issue, the day after i picked it up the same thing happend again while going around a 4 lane roundabout nearly resulting in a major accident. So far Honda have not come up with a diagonsis. has anyone else had this or similar? it seems to be intermittent hence they cant replecate the problem

·
Registered
39 Posts
No, TSB's or recalls at this moment that I can send to you, but I have seen one civic with the same year, and essentially the same set up. On the one I was working on the torque sensor went completely out. Your's may be having a similar issue only intermittent. Hope you have better luck since diagnosing this while it's super intermittent may be very difficult, and will require a scan tool

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,069 Posts
Since the UK spec 2017 CRV is the US style 2015 to 2016, as defined by this US biased forum, I'm moving this thread to the 2015-16 section.

Wondering if it might be caused by aging battery. Is it original? Is yours petrol or diesel?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sounds like what happens when the battery loses power. If they haven't replaced the battery, I would change it immediately. Since your battery light isn't on, I assume the alternator is working properly. If it still occurs then maybe it might be an alternator issue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts