Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again all,

I need to replace the Driver-side Fog Lamp on my 2018 CRV EX. Not the bulb, the housing for it. A rock decided to break it... :(

I haven't found any instructions or videos online about replacing it. I've found the part on ebay and amazon, but the sellers don't have any instructions. I've seen posts about opening the flap underneath to replace the bulb, but I have a feeling it is going to be too tight to remove the lamp/housing.

Has anybody done this before, know how to do it, or have instructions/videos?

Thanks!

·
Registered
704 Posts
No pictures - it is a bi**h to do - you have to remove the front bumper and need little hands to fit into the hole to start the nuts on the new foglight assembly as they mount inside the bumper frame and the hole was too small for my hands - just big enough for the wife's hand to start the nuts. The angle is such that nothing worked to get them in there - I tried taping to the driver but not enough clearance to start them - barely enough to tighten them. It progably would been easier to remove the bumper frame but that would require removing more of the front end. You really need 2 people to remove and re-attach the bumper without doing damage.

You can try HandA for the foglight install for an LX model - here is a link that is close. The 2012-2019 all have the same pieces to remove. Ignore the wiring instructions as that part has already been done on yours.

It might be a project that you avoid and take it to a body shop. I had to get new clips to reattach the front end as about 1/3 broke when taking them out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts