Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've got a 2018 CRV Touring with the Garmin Navigation system. I have two niggling problems that I can't seem to find an answer for. I stopped in at my Dealer and the 'expert' there said that she had never put more than one stop in her GPS!

1. If I create a route with more than 2 stops, how can I edit the route to remove a stop?
2. If I create a route with more than 2 stops, how can I tell the system to optimise my route?

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
151 Posts
What you want to do is easy, unfortunately it is hard to explain. Obviously, your trip/s are in the "trip Planner". Bring up the rip in question and select the three bars in the top left of the screen. to delete a way point select it (tap it) and press the garbage can in the bottom left of the screen.
To optimize, select the three bars again and scroll down the screen to optimize. I never try to optimize as I set it to fastest and leave it there.
I would suggest that you put in a multi stop route that means nothing and mess with it to get it right. I have routes in my machine of 600+ miles with fuel stops, etc. Works fairly well. My auto Zoom is unreliable and sometimes it drops the route if you shutdown. I just reinstall (5seconds) and carry on. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for this, I'm sure that optimise option wasn't there the last time that I looked! ;-)

On my 2014 Subaru Outback it worked a little differently. You set a Final Destination and then add Waypoints. Once done entering Waypoints the GPS then optimises the route.

The Honda doesn't seem to have a Final Destination choice as each entry becomes Final. However Once I've completed the Trip entries I can move one item to Final and optimise.

·
Registered
151 Posts
As I said, my suggestion is to play with it until you get the hang of it. If you have access to a Garmin Nuvi, they are virtually the same and you can mess with it without being in the car. To get to "optimize", you have to scroll down on my machine.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Don't know about Waze, but as long as you have coverage when you ask for directions, Google Maps will work without coverage during the trip itself if you enable offline maps for the area in question. (You might even be able to get basic driving directions without coverage, but voice recognition won't work; you'll need to type.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts