Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2019 CRV touring
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've noticed the CRV 2019 touring that I own (hancook 260/35/18 tires) has a soft suspension which I like, however bumps on the road seem to upset the cabin.

What is the best way to remedy this specific issue. Thanks

Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
Hello, I've noticed the CRV 2019 touring that I own (hancook 260/35/18 tires) has a soft suspension which I like, however bumps on the road seem to upset the cabin.

check your tire pressure.
Over inflated tires will feel every bump much harder.

The. Admin. Istrator.
Speed and angle of the travel over said bumps as well as the pressure differential(s) in your tyres.

Too many variables.

Registered
2019 CRV touring
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tire pressure recommendation is 33 front and 30 rear, and done so with testing 1-2 psi decrease in psi. Noticable difference however still rough. Thanks

Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
Let's define TERMS then.

A suspension can be 'soft' but impacts can be 'harsh'. That has to do with design and the calibration of the parts used.
A compromise in any car, for sure. (Which is why some high-end cars use a magnetorheological adaptive suspension)

First attempt would be to check tire pressures, as stated above. Do not overfill, go with the pressures on the B pillar/drivers door opening..

If you have a higher trim, you might get some relief by fitting a smaller size wheel (as on the lower trims) with tires that have bigger sidewalls.

+++++++++

Another approah would be to find out what in the cabin is rattling. Might need to occupy the passenger seat so that you can identify where the rattles are coming from...

Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
It's not a matter of the original 'use' of a wheel. You would need to investigate if a replacement (smaller) wheel would: clear the brake calipers when mounted; and had the proper offset and bolt pattern for the V.

Site Sponsor Discount Tire could help you find wheels that fit. They would also assist in suggesting a higher cross-section tire that would not significantly affect the speedometer reading.

I DON'T think you want this... 馃榿

That said, I have Acura TL wheels and snow tires on our Gen2.

Registered
2020 CR-V Touring 2WD

Are you sure about the tire size? The stock tire for the 2019 CRV Touring is 235/60 R18. Big difference.

Reactions: williamsji

Registered
2019 CRV touring
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My apologies, they are 235/60/18. I have a set of 17 inch michelin winter tires (235/65/17) that have fantastic road comfort however just noisey given that they're winter tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts